Rich people?

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

GreatDane

Rich people?

Post by GreatDane »

I've noticed on both the UK and the US editions of the show all the homes are large and lavish.

They have multiple car garages. Fancy cars in the drive. Huge living rooms, expensive furniture. Fancy kitchens and big yards with pools and patios.

Does Victoria ever train "blue collar" working class peoples dogs or will TV only show rich people's unruly dogs?

I would love to get my boyfriend and his horrible miserable excuse of a dog on the show. However, we're not right. We're just normal people with a home of our own. It's not huge, or fancy but it's clean.

So what gives?
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I don't think its anything as awful as all that... Victoria trains dogs and their owners who need training, regardless of their home or social status!

What it most likely is, is that fitting a film crew into a small property in such a way as to have a very low impact on the behaviour of thepeople and animals being filmed, is extremely difficult and in some buildings, impossible.
pupsrluv

Victoria cares about your dog not social status!

Post by pupsrluv »

Although there have been episodes with absolutely fantastic homes, i have seen both UK and US homes that are what you say "normal" victoria has trained dogs who live in an apartment, townhouses, singles..in the city, in a the middle of what looks like a wooded area..

What i think is that victoria wants to showcase are different dog behavioral problems. good luck though and i hope you get picked!! I just wish victoria would do little seminars .. hopefully after the season ends she can tour the country =]
~~ love, Karen.
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Whether or not you have the largest, fanciest home is not the problem. Getting on the show to highlight your boyfriend's dog and their issues seems perhaps IMHO to be less important than helping your boy friend and his dog.

You call his dog a miserable excuse which I am inferring that he engages in a lot of undesirable behavior.

If you describe the bad behaviors and issues that you wished changed, describe them as best you can, expect to get additional questions and be patient. I believe that with the number of regular posters on this forum, there is not a problem we have not encountered or would be at a loss to provide some direction in training or behavior modification.

Getting on the show should take a second chair to resolving your boy friend's dog's problems.

As far as the show, I have seen a variety of living spaces. The episode with Cooper (the 1st epsiode in the US) was filmed in what appeared to be a townhome or large apartment complex so I don't think it take a large home to film the show, but again, the focus should be on helping the dog and not being on TV.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Calling that poor dog a "horrible miserable excuse of a dog" isn't fair now, is it? Dogs, most of the time, are a reflection of their owners. You seem to watch the show regularly, and as we've seen most of the time the dogs are behaving badly because their owners don't provide exercise and leadership. Not saying that that's the situation with your bf, but it just seemed unfair and mean to say such a thing about his dog.

What does the dog do? Have you tried to sign up on the Animal Planet website?
mikki

Post by mikki »

Noobs I agree with you. Some people have no idea what kind of breed they have. They usually don't care until their dog is way out of control.
Some of them are not even housebroken. They pee und poop all over the place. SOme dogs are vicious.

IF our dogs would be that way, I would be ashamed of it.
GreatDane

Post by GreatDane »

Well I have no control over the dog. My boyfriend had it years before I ever came into the picture.

If it was ME or the Dog. It would be the dog. The dog always comes first.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

GreatDane wrote:Well I have no control over the dog. My boyfriend had it years before I ever came into the picture.

If it was ME or the Dog. It would be the dog. The dog always comes first.
You MUST decided what you want, do you want to continue the relationship under these conditions or do you want more? Only you can decide.

You can either put up with it, accept the dog and learn to love him, or walk away from the relationship. Whatever you do, don't take it out on the dog, it isn't his fault, it is his owner's for letting the dog get away with so much. Make a friend of the dog and it could turn your relationship round to a better one.

Only you can decide what to do.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]