More troubling than poop eating.

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mom of Three

More troubling than poop eating.

Post by Mom of Three »

I marveled at Victoria's self-control with the arrogance of pug owner, Scott. But what saddened me more is that Deena was actually going to consider marrying this guy.

All through my adulthood, I have owned animals, many of them with "pasts" and thus, quirks to be worked through. I would never have consented to marry my husband if he did not feel as passionately about the worth of each life as I did. That Scott would withhold food from poor Joey broke my heart. But for Deena, this should have been a huge red flag--bigger than any out in her yard! If someone is missing this compassion chip, please don't have children with him! Because as much as dogs turn your life upside down at times, kids are 100 times worse.

I hope both Scott and Deena seek some counseling before moving into a more permanent arrangement. Yes, Deena is controlling, but Scott's animosity for Joey, who is basically a concentration camp survivor, troubled me deeply.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Sometimes when you think you find love, all the red flags go down and you don't think about what is truly happening. I think Scott is a jerk and you wouldn't ever find me with him. However I am really picky about the guys I go out with. Go ask anyone I know. They know how picky I am and for some it irritates them because they believe I am not happy without a guy by my side. Of course I feel I am at my best being single because there is no drama.

I did not like how Scott worked with the dogs. However I do blame Deena as well. Being a couple and wanting to spend the rest of their lives together they should respect one and another. If scott had verbally expressed his feelings towards adding more dogs then Deena should of not got Joey in the first place.
Having 5 dogs can be way too much for some people.

However Scott should of stepped to the plate even if his wife made the decision without him. I like the great dane episode with Harley where the husband got the dane even though the wife didn't want the dane. She actually made a effort to help take care of the dog unlike Scott.
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

Yeah, if I would have dealt with Scott that day I probably would have had an arrest record made for me. Really...I can't stand guys like that! That's probably why I stayed single for as long as I did.

But the blame, in my opinion, doesn't entirely fall on Scott. Deena was a bit demanding and controlling. Not only that, but if Scott said that he didn't want more dogs in the house, she shouldn't have brought the dog in. That, of course, doesn't absolve Scott's behavior when he refused to feed Joey! That is downright immature and insensitive!

I hope this couple is seeking counseling.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

It's both of their faults honestly and personally I can't see my even hanging out with either of them. I know control freaks and they just get on my nerves. I believe in leadership not having everything your way though. With leadership you are getting your followers involved and seeking advice from them and learning from them however you are also giving the commands and you are someone everyone looks up to.You set the example and lead by example. With control freaks everything is their way and one foot out of place and the world is doomed.
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood