Love Victoria, but....

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

luvthevic

Love Victoria, but....

Post by luvthevic »

Hate the show being filmed the US. My wife and I enjoyed the show from England because we love the scenery and the people. The fun and quirkiness
of the show is not there this season, but we will always be Vic fans!
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

I disagree. I actually like the US format better because it seems more informative and not rushed.

Oh well, to each his own! :)
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Like I said on the other thread based on the same topic I love the show's new format.

The show is not supposed to be funny or a comedy. It is a informative show. Yes there can be humor in it ( which there is still.....) but it should focus more on the techniques and has to show that training doesn't just happen overnight.

However it is your opinion and I do respect that
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
EADGBE

Post by EADGBE »

I like both places. It's cool to see her over here.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

I agree with that.....I just like the new format better. I love Europe in general and even though my background is very mixed ( and I mean very mixed) I am mostly British, German, Ukranian and Irish. ( with like 10 other cultures thrown in there..I am even 2 different Native American tribes as well as Mexican go figure)

I love the European culture in general. I most deffinitley would love to go visit England one of these days ( first trip is the Galapagos Island though) and tour around. Germany is another place I would want to visit as I an a history nerd.

That being said, the English show had made me cross over my training techniques. I no longer use those other methods that I wish I never used in the first place. The American show has taught me how to sharpen those skills.

Does that make sense :wink: I don't know if it does it is late.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

The English show had done a lot for dog training but it is an entertainment program first, dog training second. It sounds like the USA program is a training show first, and an entertainment second. Does that make sense? :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Mattie that is what the US version is. I think you explained it perfectly. Out here in the US we strive on some educational shows because 95 % of everything on our tv is junk and scripted. LOL. Would you like me to explain MTV to you? Does anyone actually know when MTV actually had music on it?
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

Gosh, it's been so long since I've actually heard of music being on MTV. I was a small child then...LOL.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Don't even get me started on MTV. I hate it so much. MTV is the reason I listen to country music and the fact I don't want to hear a cuss word every other word. The shows on MTV are so scripted it isn't even funny. I like some pop music but my whole Ipod consists of country, chrisitan, pop, and just random stuff.

At least CMT has music on their channel lol.

Sorry to get off topic.
jitterbug91

Post by jitterbug91 »

I miss the original version too :/
but the US version is more educational than entertaining, which is actually good seeing as America is so spoiled.

Our culture is different from England so our viewpoints or perspectives on things are sometimes different. That's probably why the US version may seem less entertaining. But personally, I find the US version more helpful with the quick tips, facts on the breeds, and the little quizzes.

[:
pooch_love

I hope she comes to my home town!

Post by pooch_love »

I hope she comes to my home town! I would love to meet her! I would literally give up all my birthday and christmas money and gifts for a few years to be able to meet her for a day! I personally dont know which one I like better US version or England. Everyone has there own opinion though :!:
Maxy24

Post by Maxy24 »

I liked both, I think the US is so much better simply because it is an hour long so Victoria Can explain her self much better and really teach the viewers something. I also like that she can now cover new things, like crates. People in the UK did not use crates very much if ever, so I like how she has handled that, she has told some people they are way over using the crate and other that they SHOULD be using them, which I think is very good. crates are great tools for house breaking, but some people need to stop over using them for other things and start training their dog or finding a different, more stimulating place for them if they are housebroken.
luvthevic

Post by luvthevic »

I have watched the show a lot since this original post, and I have to add that it is really predictable, also. Every week she watches the laptop and has to go back.... ugh. And the episode with the family of the black Pom-chi who ate off the table and peed all over the kids room was really disgusting. Who in their right mind would not clean up the urine on a carpet for years and then go on national tv to exploit it. Only in America, huh?
Well, it is just IMHO.
But, WE STILL LOVE THE VIC!!!