Thanks Victoria! You cheer up a homesick Brit & her bull

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

1ondontown

Thanks Victoria! You cheer up a homesick Brit & her bull

Post by 1ondontown »

Dear Victoria,

I love watching your show and I am impatiently waiting for your book to arrive! I am a Brit from your neck of the woods (Richmond-Upon-Thames) and I also worked in tv in England. Last year, I moved to Chicago after marrying the man of my dreams. We recently adopted an English Bulldog from a shelter in Chicago and he isn't quite the dog of our dreams! Humphrey is very grumpy even for a bulldog and my husband and I are usually squished on one end of the sofa while Humphrey happily dominates the rest of it and growls at us. The three of us watch your show together and are trying to teach him some manners, but it's challenging!

He is also terrorising the other dogs in our apartment building, so he is getting quite a colourful reputation, unfortunately! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we are going to try out some of your techniques on Humphrey and hopefully be able to show him how much we love him. Thanks for being so inspirational, reminding me of home and cheering us all up during the dreary Chicago winter!

Candice