Raves for - It's Me or The Dog!!!

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Jessica_L

Raves for - It's Me or The Dog!!!

Post by Jessica_L »

I'd just like to congratulate you and your team Victoria on you GREAT show!

It's just started on Australian TV and everyone I know watches it and enjoys it!

I think it's great that people are able to learn so much from your show .... and I think the stance you take with people who don't look after their animals properly is perfect ... you are firm yet understanding - and super helpful.

I look forward to the shows ahead ... congrats on your success thus far!
Fools Gold

Post by Fools Gold »

Agreed,best dog traing show i have ever seen :)
Sam-chan

Post by Sam-chan »

I watch it as often as I can. I am really interested in animal welfare, and understanding dogs and helping train them falls into that category. Also, I want to say thanks, what I've learned has been really helpful when it comes to training the family Dalmatian.
HelsMc

The hour long show

Post by HelsMc »

What a great show last night. Well done Victoria! You have a wonderful manner. It nice to see some class on our tv screens. And my dog Els is the best he's ever been because of Victoria's top training.
Wish every week was an hour long.
Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

Thanks to you all for your kind words about the show. I think it is improving all the time and the message is getting out there. There will be more one hour specials coming up concentrating on other areas of dog ownership. Keep watching the rest of this series as there are some really interesting cases.

On another note I am really happy to see that this forum is helping people with their dogs. It is designed as a support system and to bring dog owners together. Keep writing and I will contribute as much as a crazy filming schedule will allow. Series 4 is coming in January!

All the best to you all!
CHIHUAHUA

Fabulous show

Post by CHIHUAHUA »

Another fantastic series thankyou - with your help i've managed to learn how to communicate better with my 4 manic chihuahuas 2 girls 2 boys who rule the roost and scream the place down - all are neutered and go for daily walks/runs on the beach but never run out of energy - the show and book have helped me to understand whats going on for them and have taught them all to sit which is a good start and also how to distract them from the barking (sometimes its more effective than other times) Am now trying to deal with their separation anxiety problems when i leave the house which is slowly improving now i've changed my routine and stopped making a fuss when i leave and return but we have a way to go as they are a force to be reckoned with. They also watch the programme out of the corner of their eyes pretending not to be watching!When they are naughty we say " what would Victoria say?!"
Thankyou for being such an inspiration and hopefully retraining us humans/ changing peoples attitudes to their dogs behaviour rather than expecting the dog to magically know how to be xx
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

The best programme on TV ever and always will be! thanks for bringing it to us i have learned soo much from it and your book Victoria, its fab! can't wait for your second one to come out! :D
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]
Zelhusker

Post by Zelhusker »

It tickles me when you see her standing there in semi-dominatrix, for lack of a better description, leather pose. You are not going to get over on me buddy and you know it.

I like her methods and her straight up attitude. It does seem to be a reoccuring theme that you have to get people to stop babying them. You wouldn't let your kids get away with the stuff they do...duh. So if you are gonna treat them like children then don't let them get away with things that your kids would be grounded for life if they did. Don't tell them that because like children give them an inch they will take a mile. They are not kids is a better approach.