Can't WAIT for the US version

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

SushiChick

Post by SushiChick »

I can't wait either and we are getting closer!! I know that there are quite some differences as to how the British take care of their dogs compared to the Americans. I saw a preview when Victoria is in a crate. I'm guessing the owners use the crate in the wrong way and "prison" their dog maybe? Should be interesting. I love it when she gets tough with people.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Whoah Whoah Whoah Americans and British take care of their dogs the same. I don't want to start a argument but I am a really strong and proud American so I am a little defensive.

Belgian is kennel trained ( crate trained) I say kennel and he will go in either his dog house if we are in the back yard or in his kennel which is folded up in my garage. He loves his kennel though. He would love to be in that all day but it take up so much room in the house and he is house trained and is really good in the house so the kennel is folded up in case we have to evacuate. ( we live in a high fire zone threat)
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

well there is some differences (I can speak cause I have seen it first hand), crates are MUCH less used in Europe overall for one example.
Sweden compared to the US are using MUCH more positive reinforcement. Here in the US I have a hard time finding clients cause everyone wants me to give them miracles as that millan (GRUMBLE).
I tell my customers you need to work them or it wont help. I had a woman asking me how she could get her huntingdog mix less exciteable without having to exercise it. I told her sell it... So there are differences from country to country...

HOWEVER...

Then it is more like this: The good people take care of the dogs the same way..

The mean people, the less enlighted ones, the straight out stupid ones do not care properly for their dogs at all no matter what country.
The problem is in the other end of the leash!
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking YAY one week and 28 minutes left when it hit me, mother in law wants us to go on family weekend next weekend to some amusement park, hotel and the whole thing. And even if it is her treat I don't wanna go!!!!!! Now I am mopey..

I'm gonn ahave to record it!!!!

So Im gonna have to wait til Monday... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Im gonna have the ice cream, the popcorn and the whole nine yards with it!

Everytime I see the advertising about her going angry, being a little bit nutty, and the thin gshe does with her hands and go raw raw raw I crack up. She is asbolutely amazing and she doesnt only speak volumes with her body to the dogs, the owners get a fair share of it too..

I do admire her.. *lol*
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

I like the preview of a client getting put into a crate
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

hahaha yeah that is a good one krantz!!
I can't help it, everytime I see the add on tv I get a small gigglefit.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

I forgot about old whats his face Millan. Don't like the guy or trust him. It irritates me when people are like worshipping the guy thinking he is a miracle worker. I have seen his techniques used on really dominant dogs and it just made the dog even more dominant. I heard he is supposed to be a really nice guy but I still wouldn't trust my dog around him.

I laugh at the commercials too. I do have to admit that I love the black corvette Victoria is driving. I never have been a big vette fan because where I live all I ever see is black and yellow vettes. It sorta gets old after while. I know it may seem sad but I have never seen a black vette and I have to admit more people should buy them black. I think it looks nicer and gives a more bold look. That lady though in the commercial getting locked up looks so terrified. :lol:
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
thenerdycyclist

Post by thenerdycyclist »

Heh. I can't wait for the US version, either. I have a severe giggling fit everytime the preview comes on!
Holldenwolf

woof!

Post by Holldenwolf »

:) :o :D :lol:

I'm excited. I can't wait until Saturday night. I saw the previews.

I love Victoria's personality. She's a nonpareil lady and I learn alot about dogs. Things I practice but never realized were good training methods to things I never knew.

I seem to do everything well except housebreak. I have trouble in that area. Anyway, can't wait til October 11.

Have a pleasant day,
Holldenwolf
Holldenwolf

tough cookie

Post by Holldenwolf »

I agree with you SushiChickm I too like it whenever Victoria gets tough with people. :twisted: yeah, yeah - you tell 'em Princess! lol :D