Why do you wear black?

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Why does Victoria wear black

she is gothic
11%
dogs reply the best to black
11%
reply back to me with another answer
78%

Total votes: 9

princessintraining8

Why do you wear black?

Post by princessintraining8 »

Why do you think that Victoria always wears black on her television show with red accessories? or is it just me :?
drmeg

Post by drmeg »

I don't presume to answer for her, but here's my take.

1. With a solid colored outfit, there is less distraction from the actual body language. Maybe communication is clearer.

2. She looks good in it.
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

I'd say because she looks good in it. I know that's why I wear it lol...
Eevee, 10-year-old Border Collie mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo), 4-year-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Rescueteam

Post by Rescueteam »

I had heard it was because the producers of the show felt her image was best served by wearing what they felt would garnish the most PR value.

cheers
Be careful on how you treat your dog
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

yea and you can never go wrong with black. I have alot of black and brown in my closet with alot of jeans and shorts. :)
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
kscavs

Post by kscavs »

Perhaps it has to do with editing. If Victoria (and others in the show) wear the same clothes, the producers can edit several different days of film together to make everything look as though it happened in one day (or a shorter period of time or in a different order).
Marley

Post by Marley »

lol, I always thought it was because she was the "dog trainer dominatrix lady"... ok that's what I called her until I figured out what her name! :oops:
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

Marley wrote:lol, I always thought it was because she was the "dog trainer dominatrix lady"... ok that's what I called her until I figured out what her name! :oops:
I always think it's funny that quite a few people see it that way. I remember the first time I saw Victoria working with Jimmy and Duke last summer. My first though was, "Oh my god, she really means business!" But that was just my take on it! :)

Has anyone seen the quick commercials for the new U.S. season of IMotD? The outfit she's wearing with the black vest and white shirt looks almost exactly like the one I bought to wear to this year's Groom Expo :D
~J.C.
Future Groomer ^-^
leafninjasteph

Post by leafninjasteph »

she wears black in the show because channel 4 made her they wouldn't let her wear her own clothes
spanish_fan

Post by spanish_fan »

I think Victoria wears black clothes because she really looks very good in it!lol :lol:
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Actually the stylized look is more akin to riding and not a goth appearance. It does give her a dominatrix look...I think she should keep the riding boot to help prevent against mad humpers like Chaos (May he rest in peace).

I definitely though do not want to see that read leather looking belt.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

OMG I love her boots. Seriously I am the oddest girl out there because the only thing I crave is boots, skate shoes, Vans authentics and running shoes. I hate heels however with Boots I will make that exception.

I actually like the red belt with the black. Black and red just compliment each other so wonderfully if used right in my opinion.

I agree though there is more of a biker or tough girl kind of approach with her style then gothic. Gothic to me is in a whole nother ball park.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

OMG I love her boots. Seriously I am the oddest girl out there because the only thing I crave is boots, skate shoes, Vans authentics and running shoes. I hate heels however with Boots I will make that exception.

I actually like the red belt with the black. Black and red just compliment each other so wonderfully if used right in my opinion.

I agree though there is more of a biker or tough girl kind of approach with her style then gothic. Gothic to me is in a whole nother ball park.
Holldenwolf

swarthy incantation

Post by Holldenwolf »

just my opinion:

1. black is pure (void of light, id est, zero power of all frequencies.)
2. black conveys leadership.

black is my favorite color so I have no objections but mode is unimportant anyway. vide supra
Hope

Post by Hope »

I imagine it's because she considers it her uniform. Most professionals have a specific outfit or type of clothing that they wear whenever they're in "work" mode. I'm a writer, and there are certain things I wear whenever I sit down to write, just to help put me in the proper "I'm working!" mindset, not to mention to remind the people around me that I'm occupied with work and not available for fluffy chitchat.

I've always just assumed that her black-and-red gear is designed to do the same thing.