show about aggresive dog

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jeannejain

show about aggresive dog

Post by jeannejain »

Can anyone tell me which show (or dog's name so I can find it) was about the dog that would growl and bite visitors, even the wife's parents? The dog would also sit between the couple on the sofa as he was so jealous. Victoria used a distraction toy I think with food in it. At first they had to keep him locked up behind a gate. Please advise. Thank you.

Jeanne
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

I think the show you are talking about was Jed, the American Bulldog from series 4
jeannejain

Thank you

Post by jeannejain »

Yes, that is the show! I did a search on Jed and found the pictures of the couple and their dog. Thank you so much, that was driving me crazy. My girlfriend has a dog that does the same thing so I was trying to find it on the internet in hopes I could get a video so my girlfriend can try to train her dog not to attack visitors. Right now, she has no choice but to lock him in a room whenever anyone visits. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
ShannonO

Post by ShannonO »

Victoria - Have you ever broached the subject of posting video of the episodes for free viewing online? Jon Stewart worked a deal to get Comedy Central to host his shows so people can watch online.

I talk to numerous dog owners with issues with their dog, and I wish every time that I could refer them to a particular episode of "It's Me or the Dog". I know that a lot of help could be spread to folks without DVR or the motivation wait for a particular rerun.

I can tell people all I want about how they can work n their problem areas with a dog, but seeing an episode of someone actually using the techniques, and viewing the before and after behaviors, is really unmatchable in terms of impact. Please, please, make the episodes available to us!
Sage is my 3 year old darling American Bulldog (CGC, PH). Lola, another American Bulldog, is 7 months (as of May 2008).