What do you do to be on the show?

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

passionflwr

What do you do to be on the show?

Post by passionflwr »

A while back I did research and still have not figured out how people get to be on the show. I know some people on here have been on the show so if you could let me know, that would be helpful.

I love my dog, but he's a pain in the butt with some things and sometimes when I try to do what she says on the shows, it's not as easy as it seems. I always say that I don't even need to be on the show - but just to have her over to teach him would be fantastic. She is awesome at what she does!
Ry

Post by Ry »

I believe she only does the worst of the worst cases. This usually falls under controlling dogs, theiving dogs, and of course, dangerous dogs. She has a book you can buy to offer more in depth training. You could always find a trainer thats positive and trustworthy to help with your dog. Of course it has to be a GOOD trainer.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

You could try Karen Peak if she lives near you, www.westwinddogtraining.com, she is very good and a positive trainer, trains her children the same way I suspect :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
passionflwr

Post by passionflwr »

Thanks but VA is a little far.

But even the worst cases - how do they contact her for the show? Most things like this, you would send in a tape or something so that she can see each one and pick and choose which cases are the worst. At least, I believe that's how a lot of TV shows like that do it. I was just curious how this works.

I would definitely like to pick up a copy of her book. My dog is posessive, territorial, jealous, cranky, begs too much, goes after the cat, crazy when he see's other dogs.. absolutely insane. Anyway, as with most dogs, he's not ALL bad but he's definitely not as good as he should be, that's for sure. It's just unfortunate because he thinks everything is a joke and he's so stubborn that when I've tried a few pointers of hers, he's resisted learning from it.

clairefoster

Post by clairefoster »

I don't think I'm going to be very helpful here, but when I was struggling I actually contacted the production company and after several telephone conversations, they sent someone over to do a kind of audition tape, then they got in touch to say we were sucessful, and we met Victoria a few weeks later.
This whole process did take quite a long time so it may be an idea to look into trainers in your area. However it easy for me to say this, as I have had 1 to 1 advice from Victoria and now my dogs are pretty good, it's easy for me to forget how desperate I was for her help.
I'm afraid I don't have a telephone number, even if it's the same production company. But it might be worth trying to find out who the production company are and finding an email address and contacting them.
I hope this does help in some way.
passionflwr

Post by passionflwr »

That's great - thanks for your help!
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

see this link for instructions on how to appy for the US version of It's Me or the Dog.

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/phpBB2/ ... php?t=1858
BoardHost