season 8

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sj96skittles

season 8

Post by sj96skittles »

OMG just saw on VS's twitter that the new season of IMOTD is airing in June!!! Before she said it was gonna air in april!! WHY?????? :(
dontpugme

Re: season 8

Post by dontpugme »

Not her decision I'm sure. AP seems really focused on Hillbilly Handfishin' and Finding Bigfoot at the moment. I really like Pitbulls and Parolees, though. Kinda upset because I'm gonna be in a country that doesn't air IMOTD. Definitely buying those episodes on iTunes when I find some WiFi there.
--dontpugme
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Yeah, I just saw the June update as well. Does it seem that AP is focusing more on guys lately? I don't even watch the channel except for Pit Boss, and Pitbulls and Parolees. Luckily I have season's 1 AND 2 (US) of It's Me or the Dog on DVD - and I have season 3 (US) on iTunes. I just wish they'd get on with showing the new season.

It would also be cool if they would release the UK seasons on DVD.
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

wickedhippy wrote:Yeah, I just saw the June update as well. Does it seem that AP is focusing more on guys lately? I don't even watch the channel except for Pit Boss, and Pitbulls and Parolees. Luckily I have season's 1 AND 2 (US) of It's Me or the Dog on DVD - and I have season 3 (US) on iTunes. I just wish they'd get on with showing the new season.

It would also be cool if they would release the UK seasons on DVD.
Love Pit Boss as well! I check AP every once in while, but it always ends up being Finding Bigfoot or Fatal Attractions. I have Season 1 on DVD, and I bought Season 2 on iTunes before there was a DVD. I have Season 3 on iTunes, too. Takes up a lot of memory on my computer, but its worth it.
--dontpugme
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

Honestly i on AP i only watch IMOTD, the haunted and my extreme animal phobia (idk if its even on anymore). And the new shows like hillbilly handfishing seem really stupid :P
Last edited by sj96skittles on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Oooo I can't do The Haunted or Fatal Attractions or I Shouldn't Be Alive or My Extreme Animal Phobia. I can't do haunted houses or roller coasters either. Haha. And I hope you meant new not jew there. :wink:
--dontpugme
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

Lol!! Ya i meant New!! Didnt even notice that ;/ haha. Im gonna edit that...
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

All those other shows on AP is the reason I decided I didn't need to pay for a box and have tv in my room. I can't watch any of those creapy shows either, and the non creapy shows just seem to be endless repeats. I did like pit bulls and parolees farily well. Pit Boss has good and not so good moments. I may have to look into the itunes thing for IMOTD.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
DogNut

Post by DogNut »

If Animal Planet is serious about continuing IMOTD and airing in June, they sure aren't doing a good job of promoting it or giving any up to date information. I checked the website and it still advertises the stupid "New York" edition as the latest and greatest, while I think that was from the end of 2010.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/its-me-or-dog/

On the facebook page, it still says "NEW SEASON Begins This Saturday at 8PM EP", which is unchanged for the past year:

http://www.facebook.com/IMOTD

And it seems like the only posts other than by fans are promos for appearances, and nothing by Victoria herself. On her own facebook page, there are no upcoming events, and no information about the new season:

http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaStilwel ... ?sk=events

She does seem to be active on her own Facebook page, but nothing about the new season. Perhaps I will post a question about the new season, and see if I get some sort of answer, unless someone else does so:

http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaStilwel ... ll?sk=wall

There is no updated information on this website, either, not even in her blog:

http://positively.com/its-me-or-the-dog/the-show/
http://positively.com/author/victoriastilwell/

If I were a gifted dog trainer, and wanted to get my message across, I would be very proactive and not allow a network to control my mission and adversely affect my popularity. Why doesn't Victoria have someone put together some simple videos of her working with her own dogs or her clients' dogs and post them on youtube? Is she "owned" by the network and not allowed to produce her own content, and also prohibited from having early episodes shown, which may not be in agreement with her more recent philosophies? I would be very upset if this were the case, and I would take action and let my fans know what's going on.

If this continues, I think the show will be canceled :(

[edit]
I just found the following announcement posted today on a rather obscure blog, that reiterates the promise that the show will finally be aired in June. Otherwise it seems to be a sales pitch for the DVDs, which apparently cover only seasons 1, 2, and 3. If the new season is #8, where are 4, 5, 6, and 7?
http://victoriastilwellnews.wordpress.c ... withdrawl/

Also, I searched http://bcpl.info, and the only thing available for IMOTD or Victoria Stilwell is her "Perfect Dog" book. I would think it would be a popular item, and I'd like to watch some of the shows I may have missed (and they haven't been on Animal Planet for a long time, except maybe like 3AM Sunday morning repeats). I did a search for "dog training", and I got 15 hits for a certain well-known personality before I found VS's 2003 book on the 10th page.
http://catalog.bcpl.lib.md.us/polaris/s ... ry=&page=0

What's going on? Are libraries not allowed to lend copies of her DVDs? Why aren't her newer books in the system? Why has Victoria apparently abandoned this forum? She can't be that busy if there are no more new episodes other than those already shot, and I have not found many public appearances either? And it makes me wonder why suddenly there is a blog entry the same day I posted this original reply to this discussion. Is somebody taking notice?

Also, I found another forum, about IMOTD, but it's not very active:
http://community.discovery.com/eve/foru ... 3771941589
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

If you do follow her Facebook, then you have had to realize that Victoria HAS been extremely busy. Just because you don't hear something from one network, this does not mean that she isn't doing anything. Just because she's not talking about filming, doesn't make what she is doing any less important.

It's amazing to me how some people, and not most of the people here, but some I've seen elsewhere on the Internet, are so judgmental regarding what Victoria does or does not do. What she does is highly essential to the promotion of not only positive reinforcement training for dogs, but working in other avenues to promote dog owner/breeder responsibility, etc... and this work is not always done in front of a camera. It seems like when people don't see her on TV everyday, then she's not worth their time anymore. Ey yi yi. :shock:

Also on her Facebook - Victoria has been promoting the eHow Pets series, that starts next month on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8B3A4D87FAE8ABA). And she has been talking about filming videos in places like Georgia and Colorado, that will be posted to YouTube beginning in April, regarding training, information, etc... I seriously doubt that she is OWNED by Animal Planet, because she seems to be doing fine working in other venues. Here is her first eHow Pet Video - http://youtu.be/tHz8mQCBIPA

As for why libraries don't offer her books and/or DVDs - well, talk to your library about that and/or the company who publishes them. Victoria has nothing to do with it.

The new season, that will air in June - was also filmed in New York. Which is known to those that have been following her network sites (Facebook & Twitter - she talked about filming the episodes last year while she was on location) - so if you thought the last season was "stupid" because of where it was filmed, then perhaps you might think the new shows will be stupid as well. Maybe you shouldn't watch them. That would be much better than coming onto her official forum - which we all know she reads, even if she doesn't post - and calling Victoria (as the creative consultant of the show) stupid.

The "obscure blog" you are referring to is in direct response to tons of people that have posted on Victoria's FB & Twitter about how they miss IMOTD. And Seasons 1,2 and 3 are the USA seasons. There were four seasons shot in the UK previously that are not available to purchase on DVD. Don't ask why they didn't just call the US seasons 5, 6 and 7 (and 8 in June), it's just how the DVDs were packaged. It certainly isn't a sales pitch as I happen to be the person that updates that blog, and I am making ZERO dollars on getting the information out there to people that ask for it. :) The site that the blog is attached to was also made by me, with Victoria's approval by the way. :wink:

As for the blog entry here on Positively.com - the latest from Victoria was posted on the 14th of March, and it focuses on teaching manners when approaching someone's dog - which came about from what happened while walking her own dogs that same day. I don't see anything that refers to what you've been asking or talking about in your post. Maybe it's just a coincidence? :?:
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
DogNut

Post by DogNut »

wickedhippy wrote:That would be much better than coming onto her official forum - which we all know she reads, even if she doesn't post - and calling Victoria (as the creative consultant of the show) stupid.
I'm not saying she is stupid, but IMHO and that of many others, the "New York" episodes were stupid. But I am concerned that it is so difficult to get updated information on her official sites, such as Animal Planet and the Positively website. It would only take a few minutes for her to have one of her assistants take care of updating the information there. I can possibly understand why she can't take one hour a week to participate in a live chat with forum members anymore, but if I search for IMOTD new episode I get hits from one or two years ago, or more.

And if Victoria is so busy doing valuable things for dogs, why does her Facebook page show "no events", and the "past events" stop sometime last year. Not everyone uses Facebook, and I have never used Twitter, and there are many others who do not as well. I used to watch most of her shows when they were on Animal Planet at convenient times, but that was over a year ago, and for a while they showed reruns in the wee hours, but now I have found nothing.

I'm trying to offer constructive criticism to try to keep up interest in the show and positive methods, which I need to learn more about. And most of the latest shows were more "reality" TV featuring rich people and spoiled brats who were the obvious reason for the dogs' problem behavior. Maybe some people find that entertaining, but it's really "over the top" and the lifestyles of these people are far different from that most of us (in the 99%) are used to, or even hope to attain.

Thanks for the updated information, and please keep us posted here on any updates, and hopefully also a preview of what the new episodes will be about.

[edit] I just checked out the youtube videos, and they are just short promos for the series and don't show much about the content which will begin in a couple of weeks. And I also found the one clip a bit disturbing, and I agree with the following comment posted there:
It can be very dangerous for a dog to have his head sticking out of an open window of a car moving at high speed on the highway. His eyes could be injured by flying debris or even insects, and with the window all the way doen the dog can jump out. And it does not appear that this dog is safely held in the seat with a safety harness. It IS funny, but if the dog is injured, not so much. This is not a good example for a canine professional to be setting.
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

DogNut wrote:
And if Victoria is so busy doing valuable things for dogs, why does her Facebook page show "no events", and the "past events" stop sometime last year. Not everyone uses Facebook, and I have never used Twitter, and there are many others who do not as well. I used to watch most of her shows when they were on Animal Planet at convenient times, but that was over a year ago, and for a while they showed reruns in the wee hours, but now I have found nothing.

I'm trying to offer constructive criticism to try to keep up interest in the show and positive methods, which I need to learn more about. And most of the latest shows were more "reality" TV featuring rich people and spoiled brats who were the obvious reason for the dogs' problem behavior. Maybe some people find that entertaining, but it's really "over the top" and the lifestyles of these people are far different from that most of us (in the 99%) are used to, or even hope to attain.

I just checked out the youtube videos, and they are just short promos for the series and don't show much about the content which will begin in a couple of weeks. And I also found the one clip a bit disturbing, and I agree with the following comment posted there:
Perhaps the work she's doing isn't for the public to view at the moment - so nothing is listed... however, check out her "appearances" here on Positively.com, http://positively.com/victoria-stilwell/appearances/ and you will see that she HAS been out there. I think Victoria herself has taken over her personal Facebook and she might not know how to update the events section - and you say yourself that not everyone uses Facebook - so perhaps that event area was left alone so anything new can be posted here on her Appearances section. It would makes sense if they're trying to drive more visitors to this site, because this site can offer a LOT more information about Victoria, and positive dog training, then her page on Facebook. As far as Animal Planet not updating their site, or showing any episodes of IMOTD, maybe you should encourage people to shoot them off an email regarding their concern, instead of coming here and accusing Victoria of being at the bottom of all of it. I know that probably isn't your intent, but the fact that you're writing about it here, on HER forum, and not taking it up with AP says a lot. She is in no control over their programming, unfortunately, because if she was, the new season probably would have been started a long time ago. :wink:

Trust me when I tell you that interest in the show isn't lacking - she's gathering new people every day, and it's mostly because IMOTD is still popular, even if it isn't being aired at the moment. And I've actually said in the past that the new format is probably done this way because of all the other shows that are competing with it, ie: Jershey Shore, etc... and just an FYI, Victoria has said herself that she is the last person that is shown the applicants, she just has the final veto - and it all depends on what AP hads offered her. You never know, she could have picked the best of the bunch. I don't think you can make a statement though about how "most of us" live our lifestyles. You don't go into 99% of homes in the world. Just because you personally don't live that way, doesn't mean there aren't people out there that do. And if you look at previous seasons of IMOTD, the rich weren't ignored, lol. :lol:

That one video having that one comment on eHow Pets has nothing to do with Victoria, as she didn't make THAT video. We can't start judging Victoria on her videos until we see them. You're entitled to your opinion on the "comment" about the dog with it's head out the window, I tend to agree with it to a point, but it really has nothing to do with this forum, or Victoria herself, as she didn't film or present that video personally.

I'm sure you also notice on her FB that Victoria is also writing a book - which is hard work, believe me. And she does have a home life which consists of a daughter, husband, and two dogs. So just because we're not aware of what she's doing 100% of the time, doesn't make her, or what she does, any less valuable to people in the positive training world. :D