Christmas special tv show ??

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fab_lab

Christmas special tv show ??

Post by Fab_lab »

Hi, will there be a christmas special , the reason I ask as many people still buy puppies for christmas and by New Year the people have had enough of the puppy (weeing , pooing,chewing,nipping, ect....) It would be great if Victoria could get the point over that puppies are hard work and christmas is not the right time for this bundle of fun to join the family ..
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

Great idea. I'll pass it along to Victoria.
BoardHost
Boxacrazy

Post by Boxacrazy »

Also the fact that alot of rescues (breed and all breed rescue societies) suffer with increased numbers where families get rid of the 'older' dogs to make way for the 'new' model etc etc.

Most reputable breeders will not sell puppies around Christmas and will hold them back until after the Xmas festivities.
I certainly would avoid having a litter that is due to go at Xmas, I'd rather wait until the next season!

It's stressful enough for the puppy to leave its mother and siblings without having to cope with all the upheaval of xmas and travelling or visitors.
Puppies need peaceful environments to become accustomed to their new homes and new routines. Instead of coping with lots of noise and chaos plus the stress of Xmas!
Boxacrazy

Post by Boxacrazy »

Another point perhaps for people that want to research the breeds before
they get a dog to try Discover Dogs at Earls Court in November 11-12.
Or at Crufts in March.

Here you get to meet people that are knowledgeable about the breeds
meet the breed in person and make sure it's right for you before you buy.
The stand should be 'dogged' by people that are prepared to give you a warts and all account of the breed :wink:
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Could we see Victoria doing a puppy special as well as a Christmas special? We have an 11wk old beagle pup, have only had him 3 wks and he has turned our lives upside down so I'm sure it would be even worse having a new puppy at Christmas! Reading around, it seems all the issues we're experiencing are just typical puppy problems, but it would be great if Victoria could do a puppy programme, taking a 'prevention is better than cure' type of approach? I'm sure this would really help a lot of people, as you need to know what to expect when you get a puppy.
spanielsrule

Post by spanielsrule »

I sent an email the other week, making similar suggestions. I received an email from Victoria, with the following information.
"We are following a family through the process of choosing a dog, which they have done now and are very happy. As I am patron of WAG, a group that has been formed to stamp out puppy farming, we also think it is very important that we send a clear message about puppy farming and that people’s eyes are opened to this despicable practice. We hope the programme will be a good guide to choosing a puppy or dog and the management and care required after. The programme should be airing in December."
"No matter how little money, and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." (Louis Sabin)
LBF