Aversion Therapies

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jakesmom

Aversion Therapies

Post by jakesmom »

Did any of you see tonight episode of IMOTD (UK Channel 11 at 6pm)?

It was an old episode featuring a Dalmation named Pongo.

It's sad that they are still showing these, because it featured the air horn, air spray cans, loud noises to frighten the dog, and those no-pull harnesses with the thin string that cuts into the underarms.

I assume she no longer uses these methods. Or does she?
Mattie

Re: Aversion Therapies

Post by Mattie »

No Victoria no longer uses these methods, like everyone on here she is continuing to learn. There is a post from Victoria somewhere saying that she no longer uses these and if she had these dogs now she probably would train them differently.

We sometimes get people on here wanting to know where she got these from, they get upset when we tell them not to use them and don't believe it when we say she no longer uses them.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

I was wondering if Victoria still used these methods, as I clearly remember an episode in which she used an air horn to help stop counter surfing. Good to know that she doesn't.
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

Itsa great shame that they are showing these old programmes. I assume that Victoria has no control over them.
She definitely does not use these methods now.
If you go to her main webpage Victoria Stilwell's Positively. Com (click on yellow button at the top of the page ) and then click on the Positive Reinforcement button at the top to the right , you can read her philosophy. She also writes articles for the UK Dogs Today magazine which are very good,
Victoria has come along way since she first started IMOTD when she attracted a lot of criticism . Unlike Cesar Millan , she listened and learned and is spreading the word about Positive reinforcement in her more recent programmes and at seminars and conferences,
alison