Episode 214 - Florence & Fiona - April 24

Any time new episodes of It’s Me or the Dog are airing on Animal Planet in the US, Victoria will answer questions about that episode later that week. Post your questions to Victoria about the most recent episode here anytime.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BoardHost
Site Admin

Episode 214 - Florence & Fiona - April 24

Post by BoardHost »

Victoria will chat live with Positively forum members in this thread on Monday, April 26 at 9pm EDT regarding last weekend's episode of It's Me or the Dog - "Florence & Fiona."
BoardHost
RoseTyler

Re: Episode 214 - Florence & Fiona - April 24

Post by RoseTyler »

This was a very touching show. Made me smile that Florence fell for Fiona. Florence seemed like a really neat lady!
Dogs are perfect at being dogs, people are perfect at screwing them up
Talencia

Post by Talencia »

I can relate to their trouble with Fiona getting into things she shouldn't. Part of our problem, however, is that our dog gets into things only when we are gone. Not just trash, but anything else she finds that she thinks would make a good option for gnawing on at the time. Cups, books, even the inner part of the couch. She knows these are not things for her, and won't do it when we are home, but will when unsupervised. We do what we can to pick up before we go, but there will always be something else for her to try it on, and I worry about her choosing cords one of these days.

My question is, would the 'leave it' training help her learn self control even when we are gone? She is a very good dog, and I love her dearly, but her destroying things while we are gone tries my patience. I really would love to find a way to get her to understand what she's doing wrong, as she is very eager to please. I just don't know enough to communicate it to her! Help?

On the more positive side, my son and I love to watch your show together! He thinks you should come and help us, hehe. He's nine, and already adores how you handle the dogs (and people)! Thanks so much for both the programs and all the other help you provide for dog owners. It is much appreciated!
thayeso

Post by thayeso »

Victoria,

Florence & Fiona is one of my favorite episode. I'm hoping that this episode will appear on On Demand (Comcast) because I would like to see it again. I often re-watch my favorite episode on On Demand (free). I was in awe to see Fiona catch on the training so quickly. Fiona is such an amazing dog, and I hope that Florence, Jessica, and Todd has keeped up with the training. You're a remarkable dog trainer!! I have never seen a dog trainer that has similar talent, creative ideas, and love for the dogs like you. Also, it's awesome to see you get excited when the dogs takes to the training.

Want you to know that your facial expressions cracks me up, especially the one liner-"Is she crazy" :lol:

Tammy
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I missed the observation day, but I loved this episode. It was so touching when Florence had a change of heart, and how time stopped when she said "Fiona's such a good girl."
I was wondering:

1. Was Carly the dog in the Milkbone commercial?

2. Are you going to talk about positively.com or the Victoria Stilwell Foundation on your show?
--dontpugme
thayeso

Post by thayeso »

Victoria,

I already posted a comment, but I forgot to ask this question.

Is it possible to donate money to The Victoria Stilwell Foundation?

Tammy
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a good Monday. I'm here to chat about last weekend's episode of It's Me or the Dog - Florence and Fiona. Fiona was one of my favorite dogs to work with, as were Jessica, Florence and Todd. Lovely folks.

Let's get to your questions - fire away!
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

RoseTyler wrote:This was a very touching show. Made me smile that Florence fell for Fiona. Florence seemed like a really neat lady!
I agree. Seeing the transformation that happened with Florence was a thing of beauty to watch. It's one thing to see the dogs on the show progress, but to see an elderly woman who previously had not cared for dogs at all turn the corner was really special and very rewarding.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Victoria wrote:Hello everyone! Hope you're having a good Monday. I'm here to chat about last weekend's episode of It's Me or the Dog - Florence and Fiona. Fiona was one of my favorite dogs to work with, as were Jessica, Florence and Todd. Lovely folks.

Let's get to your questions - fire away!
This has nothing to do with anything, but the way you worded that made it sound like Jessica, Florence, and Todd were dogs too. :lol:
--dontpugme
RoseTyler

Post by RoseTyler »

[quote="dontpugme"]I missed the observation day, but I loved this episode. It was so touching when Florence had a change of heart, and how time stopped when she said "Fiona's such a good girl."
I was wondering:

1. Was Carly the dog in the Milkbone commercial?

hahaha...I thought that SAME thing about Carly! I think it is!!
Dogs are perfect at being dogs, people are perfect at screwing them up
nikkitoni

Post by nikkitoni »

Now that Fiona is a better dog, do you think they should get another dog? I personally don't like the idea of one dog families. I think it's kinda sad for the dog. But this situation seems to be a bit unique. Have you heard from this family recently? Has Fiona learned any new tricks or behaviors?
mustlovdoggs

Post by mustlovdoggs »

Hello Victoria, It is me again. Another great show. They just get better and better. :D
Do you know, did the family keep up with the training? It was wonderful that Fiona won over the mom. That was great.
I guess it goes to show you there are no bad dogs. Just a dog that doesn't understand what you want of them. :?
After working with my dogs, they act like they have ran a race. I think dogs love to have their mind worked. Right?
I know that they do not get in to anything anymore after training and walking them, like you have said to do.
Thank you for a wonderful show and teaching me how to have a happier dogs, :wink:
Jan
Nashville,Tn
I wished I was the person my dogs thinks I am.
JessikaXoxO

Post by JessikaXoxO »

That whole crate situation literally turned my stomach! You make it look so easy on the show as far as teaching behaviors and what not, but my little guy is a terrorist, no exaggeration, he is a terrorist and I can't seem to get him under control! Is it just a Chihuahua thing?
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I know that your gonna be wearing black in the new episodes, but i was wondering if you get to choose the clothes you wear on the show. I was also wondering if you got to control what the narrator says.
--dontpugme
nikkitoni

Post by nikkitoni »

JessikaXoxO wrote:That whole crate situation literally turned my stomach! You make it look so easy on the show as far as teaching behaviors and what not, but my little guy is a terrorist, no exaggeration, he is a terrorist and I can't seem to get him under control! Is it just a Chihuahua thing?
How old is your chihuahua? I've had 3 chihuahuas and they were all very active dogs that required lots of toys, walks and stimulation.