Episode 203 - Great Dane Devotion - Jan 16

Any time new episodes of It’s Me or the Dog are airing on Animal Planet in the US, Victoria will answer questions about that episode later that week. Post your questions to Victoria about the most recent episode here anytime.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

doggy style

Re: Episode 203 - Great Dane Devotion - Jan 16

Post by doggy style »

because of fireworks!
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

mustlovdoggs wrote:Hello again, I've contacted ABC to go to school and that is thanks to you. Thanks for your answers tonight.You are GREAT, Jan
Jan,
You're very welcome! Glad to help. I hope you enjoy ABC, and best of luck! Contact us once you're up and running to become a VS Positively Dog Trainer!
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

kover1 wrote:Thank you, I will try that. Tinker the little girl, seems to learn alot easier and faster and Tucker is just a bit slower. I did all the commands like sit, wait, come and then shake, laydown, sit up ..they have all those down pat so I know they can learn and Tucker even learned how to box on command which was really cute but he only does it with me and my husband. They are very scared of other people and will actually bark at them while backing up to get away from them. I really think it has to to do with the airplane ride they took to get here.
Thanks again for the advice,
Lisa
Sounds like you're well on your way - well done! A rough experience like an airplane ride can really have long-term effects. Just keep being patient.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

doggy style wrote:so when my dog hides in the bathtub every fourth of july or new years i should be using your cd to tackle this problem?
Yes. You can train using the de-sensitization CD for this, or you can be sure the dog's in a room with no exterior windows/doors and put on the TV or calm music to help drown out the fireworks noise.
lostsuper_

Post by lostsuper_ »

Even though Ashley in the rescue team. With the first two great danes couldn't they waited to get Charlotte? In my opinion i think that they could of waited to get another dog until they got the other dogs under control.with Charlotte chasing after cars the dog could of gotten hurt.

i love your show Victoria.But im still having troubles with my dog. He sleeps all day he keeps wanting to go outside and use the restroom like 8 times a day. He growls and snaps at little kids.
basenji2

Post by basenji2 »

Victoria,

Does Ashley need to continue blacking out all the windows in her car? Or did the dogs learn from the curtain not to be so reactive to people outside?

I have to say their behavior in the car reminded me of the neighbors' dogs. When I walk by with my dogs (basenjis, you met them yesterday in Roswell), the pair of Great Danes are very loud. They're behind a fence they can see through easily, and they just bark bark and bark and go nuts really. They watch us pass by, follow us on the other side of the fence. Rather disconcerting. I almost think they are intended to be guard dogs.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

basenji2 wrote:Victoria,

Does Ashley need to continue blacking out all the windows in her car? Or did the dogs learn from the curtain not to be so reactive to people outside?
By the time I left them, Ashley had taken a number of blackout panels out. The curtain was working very well, so she never had to close it.
doggy style

Post by doggy style »

Excellent.not only thanks to answering questions to true fans but for taking the time out to do so.thanks!its greatly appreciated!
debitot

Post by debitot »

Victoria, I know there is a trainer who works in savannah ,ga. I have seen his pamplett,do you know his name?
debitot

Post by debitot »

I'm sorry he has you on there with him
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

debitot wrote:Victoria, I know there is a trainer who works in savannah ,ga. I have seen his pamplett,do you know his name?
Sorry, I don't know any trainers in Savannah.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Had they fixed the couch before you returned?
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

doggy style wrote:Excellent.not only thanks to answering questions to true fans but for taking the time out to do so.thanks!its greatly appreciated!
It's my pleasure. Thanks for being a part of the Positively community!
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

dontpugme wrote:Had they fixed the couch before you returned?
Yes. It was one of the sofa cushions.
lostsuper_

Post by lostsuper_ »

Victoria,
How can I keep my dog from sleeping all day?
he also likes to go outside like ten times a day and only do nothing really.
When little kids around they would like to pet him but he decides to snap at them.He already snapped at me five times.