Episode 202 - House of Horror - Jan 9

Any time new episodes of It’s Me or the Dog are airing on Animal Planet in the US, Victoria will answer questions about that episode later that week. Post your questions to Victoria about the most recent episode here anytime.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Victoria
Site Admin

Re: Episode 202 - House of Horror - Jan 9

Post by Victoria »

Thepupstopshere wrote:Hi Victoria~ Although the dogs in last night's episode had individual issues, it appeared that they got along with each other...perhaps better than the women. Was this your impression as well or is it simply that the women's issues were so much more appalling?

Thanks for doing what you do...and doing it so well!
You're welcome - thanks for watching!

You're right, the dogs got along with each other far better than the women. Pretty interesting that despite the discord amongst their owners, the dogs were relatively harmonious with each other.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

PuggleOwner wrote:Hello, I love your show. I've used the knowledge that I've learned from your show with my own dog. My question is, how do you stand working with people that don't want to listen or follow through with your training?
Most of the owners on the show are actually great people interested in making their dogs' lives better. The one thing that does annoy me is when people don't take the training seriously or make a real effort. It's the dogs I feel bad for - I have pretty thick skin and can look after myself.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

braeraphael wrote:Hi Victoria!

Why were you making the dogs stop at the curbs and having them "settle down" before crossing the street? I was a little unclear with that.

thanks!

Brae
Walking with them was so crazy, they had a tendency to dart out into the road. It was pretty unsafe, so I wanted everyone to maintain a level of calm before moving forward.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

After the guy took samples from Sarah's room, he advised her not to go in the room or take any clothes from the room. How long was she out of the room? Did the dogs use the grass patch on her balcony before the results came back?
I'm surprised that you didn't jump off that sofa when Susan said that the poop could be all over the sofa. I would have.

By the way....great use of adjectives....witchy...viperish.
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

Thanks to everyone for your questions!

Be sure to check out the amazing articles from the Expert Bloggers on this site - new entries from the wonderful Nicole Wilde, Beverley Cuddy and James O'Heare here: http://positively.com/positive-reinforc ... pert-blog/

See you next week!
Victoria
Selien

Post by Selien »

Hi Victoria,

Goodness, I don't know how they can live in a house like that. Yikes. All the poop and pee...eww.. But I really liked how you were tough with them. I really didn't think they deserved the dogs and I guess I can understand why there were so much tension in that house. It was really good how you taught the "touch" command. I tried to teach it to my 3-month old German Shepherd and realized that I have already used the reaching out of the hand as the "shake" command with him.

Well, I was hoping that you could help me with Neo...he's still a puppy and he's starting to get into the habit of barking. I was hoping you could help me on how to nip that action before it gets worse. Also, I tried to do the "drop it" and "take it" training with him and I'm not really sure if he's understanding it.. Is there any other way to teach it? Then again, maybe I just need a lot more patience.

Thanks again Victoria...and I really love your show!

Selien..
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Thanks for all your questions everyone - just to remind you if you have a question about your dogs behaviour, do come and post in the Dog Training Advice area of the forums and we will be able to offer you some advice.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant