Series 4 Episode 1: (UK) - Discuss this episode here.

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Series 4 Episode 1: (UK) - Discuss this episode here.

Post by emmabeth »

Heres the place to discuss this weeks episode if you are in the UK.

Episode 1 features Debbie, daugher of Bruce Forsyth, and her dogs Widget and Gizmo, yorkshire terriers.

Last year Gizmo and Widget were stolen from Debbies car, and only returned after massive tv publicity, which enabled the people who had bought Debbies dogs to realise they were stolen.

Unfortunately, whilst Gizmo and Widget are now home and safe, their traumatic experience has left its scars, and they were left very fearful, underconfident and reactive to strangers and other dogs. This was displayed in fearful frantic barking sessions, which for the owners is extremely hard to live with.

What did you think of the episode?

Did Victorias methods make sense to you, or would you like clarification on what was going on, why certain things were done.

Do you have dogs that behave in a similar way to Widget and Gizmo?

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions about this episode. This post will remain 'sticky' until next weeks episode.
Last edited by emmabeth on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laurelharvey

Post by laurelharvey »

I watched last night and my rescue cavaliers behave in a similar way to Widget and Gizmo. We tried the doorbell procedure after the programme and one the cavaliers stopped barking after 4 or 5 tries. The other one will take little longer I think. :roll:

Excellent programme and gave me the strength to carry on! :D
ima_pirate_savvy

Post by ima_pirate_savvy »

I watched the tv episode a week or so ago and really wanted to try the technique Victoria used when the dogs were barking at the door. I just can't remember what she did and I've looked all over the internet for the video, but can't find it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
ima_pirate_savvy

Post by ima_pirate_savvy »

I watched the tv episode a week or so ago and really wanted to try the technique Victoria used when the dogs were barking at the door. I just can't remember what she did and I've looked all over the internet for the video, but can't find it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I didn't know Victoria's show was back on :cry:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

I think it may be a repeat as I saw the Brucie one a while back.