I want the inside scope on the two last episodes!!

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Monkey

I want the inside scope on the two last episodes!!

Post by Monkey »

I have been waiting for the blog to update...

I do understand that she is busy, but I am still hoping.
It was so interesting to read about cooper, which did confirm my thoughts that he had been pushed with electronic devises etc.

So now I am curious on the other two too...
*bounce*
The problem is in the other end of the leash!
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

I know this weeks episode will be an interesting blog entry. I cannot imagine not helping with foster care for foster pets. While with our kittens my wife does do the lion's share of the load (her choice), I provide whatever assistance she needs:
vet care,
weighing
bathing,
getting food, medicines etc...
Setting up quarantine environments
Occasionally disposal of those departed (we have lost 2 kittens this week from illness).
Feeding when she asks.

I of course spend more time with the dogs and their needs. We both do everything when the other is out of town.

As I generally handle the meds and such I do leave notes as to how much and how often. I noticed this past trip my wife made a really nice spreadsheet which also included our cats and kittens for meds and weighing.

I thinks it a practice we shall continue.

Trust is definitely a big part of the multi-pet and foster households. While my wife does not take my dogs to training classes (time constraints with everything else), she does take them out for walks and exercise. I have complete trust with her and the dogs, if she misses something its only because I failed to mention it (like a revolution treatment). Likewise, she trusts me with all the foster work with the kittens.

I personally have a strong aversion to cat poo and the litterbox is perhaps the most difficult of the kitty chores for me to accomplish. The oder of cat poo literally makes me wretch horribly, yet I willingly do all the changing.

Our cooperative work helps to strengthen our relationship. It also helps us to set boundaries as to how many fosters we can have at a given time. (we are already at our max dog load). Its funny because even though I have met some pups and andyoung adult Belgian Shepherd I would love to own, I realize that I would not be able to give enough to keep either of them or my current load of dogs happy. Realizing that helps me to adjust to that "puppy fever"....but I can always plan for my next dog which will hopefully be a long time from now LOL.