episode: Saving Snooki

Discussion of specific It's Me or the Dog episodes.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dogmom9612

episode: Saving Snooki

Post by dogmom9612 »

Regarding: S06/Ep03 - "Saving Snooki"

Please do not show this particular episode ever again as it is offensive to the intellectually disabled (not to mention Golden Retrivers), their families and friends: the "dad" in this episode refers to the family dog as "retarded". Please help "spread the word to end the word" by never showing this episode again (please go to r-word.org for more information - thank you!!).

Thank you,
Jack's mom Michele
wickedhippy

Re: episode: Saving Snooki

Post by wickedhippy »

The same person also talked about letting the dog dehydrate and starve - which is exactly why Victoria went to that house. I seriously doubt that the episode will be blocked. People say things all the time, and it's someone like Victoria that teaches them the right way to think about animals. That's what "It's Me or the Dog" is all about.

If they pulled every episode that might be offensive to one group or another - you might as well pull them all.

I think you're taking that comment way too seriously - but that's just my opinion. :)
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
LokiMani

Post by LokiMani »

This episode was like a train wreck to watch. Victoria maintains herself far better than I would in that situation. The re-check looked hopeful at the end, but I almost feel like another follow up with this family is necessary just to ease my nerves about the safety and well being of this adorable Golden.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Just finished watching this episode, to pull and never show this episode again would be a HUGE mistake. there was SO much going on in that episode that if you just focus on the "retarded" comment in the beginning you miss out on a lot.

Victoria hung in there and did an amazing job. Whatever she earned for that episode it wasn't enough, but seeing Chet change his attitude, his behavior etc had to be very rewarding.

I 100% agree with wickedhippy, this episode was exactly what "IMOTD" is about. changing people to do better by their dog. "banning" this episode would be a mistake. LOTS of lessons would be lost by doing so.

I really hope Chet and Tom continue to lead by example and continue to train, care for and look after snooky.