Spouses (big sigh)

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

Re: Spouses (big sigh)

Post by Sarah83 »

Yeah, it was me who suggested that, I've had problems with Rupert for the same reason. He does the whole peaceful protest thing though, lies on his back and waves his paws in the air while making silly noises when I try to get him to do something he doesn't want to. Glad Dottie seems to have stopped with the snarkiness :D
Fundog

Re: Spouses (big sigh)

Post by Fundog »

Maximoo, I don't know why Dottie needs to go so frequently during the night, but it really doesn't seem that unusual to me--- afterall, I often need to get up at least once during the night myself. :lol: Yes, Annie seems to have more "duration," but if I get up, she will quite often decide that's a good idea, and go with Dottie. On the other hand, there have been times when I got up to go to the bathroom, and Annie never stirred. And the other night, I sent Dottie out on her own, because Annie was sound asleep (that's unusual; they almost always go together). I do know that in our previous house we had a doggy door, so the dogs could go out as often as they wanted to during the night. A lot of times, they chose to sleep outside for part of the night-- when the house got too warm/stifling for them. Now they don't have that freedom anymore, but they are still accustomed to waking during the night.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.