Something horrible

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lauram

Something horrible

Post by Lauram »

Hello,

I haven't been around recently, been lurking every now and then but things dogs/life/work/ horses etc have all been a bit crazy.

Tonight something horrible has just happened. Lottie has been killed. Her and Maya had a collision while running and it broke her neck.

I absoltutely can't believe it and i'm in complete shock right now.

I thought telling people might help.

Lottie was one our home bred puppies and was beautiful, she caught lots of rabbits and won loads of rosettes and was better than a hot water bottle to cuddle.

I really can't believe that one minute all is well and the next moment she is dead.

I have been working a lot with Po and wanted to post again with som epics of his progress but I know some of you on here will know exactly how Me and my family feel at the moment.
Leigha

Re: Something horrible

Post by Leigha »

I am so sorry, I can't even imagine what you're going through right now.
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

That is awful. I am so so sorry. Not much consolation but I am glad she was having fun with her friend at the time, but that is truly heartbreaking. My heart and thoughts are with you xxx
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oh Laura, I am so sorry - such a shock for you and so so horrible.

I wish words could do more to help, but they can't - as Horace's Mum says though, in time it may be of some comfort to you that she went fast, having fun with her friend and will have known nothing about it.

Cyber hugs and wine for you xxx
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

I can only imagine the shock you're feeling right now. The hole in your heart
must seem huge. I send sympathy and hugs. I wish life came with a rewind
button.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Lauram, I'm am so sorry about the loss of your dog, Lottie! :cry: Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Collisions of running dogs are always something that scares me. I photograph lure coursing and I know how fast those dogs are running. Keep her memories close to your heart.
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

(((hugs)))
You are in my thoughts & prayers
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Oh I am so, so sorry.

What a wonderful end for her - doing something she loved, surrounded by friends, and no pain, no fear, no getting old and infirm. This is my type of dog too, and the pact we have with them is to give them a life of joyful running. So there is risk, but better happiness and risk than a life on a lead.

The pain is yours and nothing I can say will ease it - but you will always have your sweet memories of her, and she is only ever a thought away, running the meadows over the Bridge.

)))))))))))))))HUGS((((((((((((((((((((
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Shellie

Post by Shellie »

I'm so sorry for your loss Laura. There is no good way to lose a pet and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

My thoughts are with you. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Lauram

Post by Lauram »

Thank you all very much for your kind words and support.

Last night it was such a shock and very raw.

Maya is very sore after the collision and still in shock. She is our main worry at the moment, they must have collided with some force.

As Nettle said running dogs are meant to run and although we are careful where to run them they have to run. We have all said that it would be ideal for Alf (old) to take off after a rabbit and die (when his time comes) so I cannot regret how she passed, it is the shock and the loss that hurts.

The other dogs are behaving very strange, all very quiet. I'm sure they are grieving too. Bramble will especially miss her sister, they ate together slept together and played together so she will be sad and lonely.

Thank you for all of your comments
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

yikes...

I am so sorry for your lose. as others have said, cold comfort, but at least she went out being a happy/health dog.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

You're in my prayers. She'll have a lot of forum friends on rainbow bridge.
--dontpugme
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I'm so sorry for your loss. As others have said though, at least she died doing something she loved. Probably not much comfort right now though is it? *hugs*