So mad!!!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mattie

Re: So mad!!!

Post by Mattie »

If the cat is injured and they haven't take her to the vets I would report them, I suspect in the USA the law on this is similar, you have to provide medical treatment to an injured or sick animal.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Desiree

Post by Desiree »

We may have those laws here, but they certainly don't enforce them. The police have told the county humane society they have no jurisdiction in the city so they can't do much and the city animal shelter won't do anything. All they are good for is taking in strays. They don't do much vet care for the animals that come in. If it is very serious or will cost much they just put them to sleep. Thats why I haven't gotten very far with the dog next door. When I called the shelter about the dog they just told me there wasn't really anything they could do. They aren't much on helping animals but if someone got bitten by a dog they would be quick to act on that. Drives me crazy.
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

It's the same here in Florida. The next street over from us there's a house that has several dogs that bark all day and night. By the sounds of the barking, there are several large and small breeds there. You have even hear them fighting eachother. When I called the county humane society, they told me there wasn't much they could do except 'talk' to them about the barking and I had to give them my name, phone number and address incase the person with the dogs wanted to know who called about them they could give them my information. They said it is public information the that person has a 'right to know' who called. But when I was sent papers on my dog barking at 3 am (which he wasn't, he was in the house asleep because I don't keep my dogs outside all the time, especially over night) they wouldn't tell me who reported it.

And as far as the doggy next door, I know about the grooming for chows, I have a chow mix and I have to brush him like every other day so he doesn't get matted and helps keep the shedding down. I wish you all the luck in the world in getting him taken care of. Our neighbor had 4 newborn kittens who's mother vanished into thin air. No one knows what happened to her, I offered to take the kittens from him to hand feed and take care of them for him but he refused. After about a week or so he finally took them to a shelter, but I think they put them down being they were only about 3 weeks old and had no mommy. I had gone to the pet store and bought formula for them and took them in and bathed them, I know you aren't supposed to do that with such young kittens but they were sticky and smelled like skunks! he kept them outside in a carrier, with the door open so they could get out. One day I found them in a puddle of water, cold and soaked to the bone, it had been raining for about three days. He would only feed them once a day when he got home from work, regular cows milk. I really wish he had given them to me.