New Rescue

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

OhioRuthie

New Rescue

Post by OhioRuthie »

A chocolate lab/pitt mix just arrived today. She had been beaten, isolated and fur missing from a flea infestation.
She is full of love and loves the animals already here and they love her. Here is a photo:

Best I could do she won't sit still! She's at least six months but could be a little older. I hope to find her a forever home soon!
She's just too sweet!
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
Fundog

Re: New Rescue

Post by Fundog »

Oh, she's precious. Paint her white with spots and feathers, and she looks just like my Dottie. :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

She is beautiful, OhioRuthie! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

She's lovely :)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

It amazes me just how much abuse dogs take and still love us.

She is gorgous Ruth, thankfully her abusive life is over now and all she will know is love.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Thanks everyone...I'm up at 4am because this sweet little girl saw me move and acted like we've known each other forever and I've been gone a year...too funny...we will have to work on that...moving in my sleep is a commonLOL I can't get over her affectionate nature after enduring so much...she's so eager to please. My Rottie mix pup is just a couple months older and they haven't stopped playing. I hope to find her a home with at least one other dog.

My websites:

leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

What a sweet happy face! Looks like she's ready to lick someone to death! :lol: Its hard to believe she went through all that and came out with such a positive attitude, someone will have a great dog in their life, thanks to you.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

leslie123 wrote:What a sweet happy face! Looks like she's ready to lick someone to death! :lol: Its hard to believe she went through all that and came out with such a positive attitude, someone will have a great dog in their life, thanks to you.
Thanks Leslie..she's amazing...my 'nephew' (friends son) had her until he could get her to me..he has done amazing..she goes potty outside everytime I take her out. So proud of that boy for many reasons...his mom died in feb and he just had his first bday (24) since her death..and what does he do? Rescues a puppy! Then works on training her til he could get her to me.

I was on the phone with him laughing...people say all this mean stuff about pitts...one of the other dogs barked and Gypsy ran and jumped on me for protection. She's a real love bug. The abusers called her Dipsy so I call her Gypsy...sounds the same without confusing her. Dipsy is just so rude they are the dips.

My websites:

Shellie

Post by Shellie »

Oh my gosh, I just love that picture! You would never know looking into those gorgeous, happy eyes that she's known a minute's trouble. Clearly this dog has a loving, forgiving heart. What a happy day when she found your nephew and then you! You guys are amazing.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Shellie wrote:Oh my gosh, I just love that picture! You would never know looking into those gorgeous, happy eyes that she's known a minute's trouble. Clearly this dog has a loving, forgiving heart. What a happy day when she found your nephew and then you! You guys are amazing.
Thanks so much. I got a picture awhile ago showing her ears..too cute. We were told the mom is a pit and the dad everyone guesses was a chocolate lab...They beat on her and isolated her...She met me and bounced all over me and got right in the car with me. She's been playing with the other animals....she's a bundle of energy! She does get scared and runs to me...funny she already knows I'll protect her...it amazes me how the rescues seem to know right away. Gotta love these ears!!!

My websites:

dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

My goodness!!! Look at them ears! :mrgreen: :lol:
--dontpugme
Shellie

Post by Shellie »

Wow! Those really are some ears, aren't they?!?! :D She's as unique as she is lovely.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Shellie wrote:Wow! Those really are some ears, aren't they?!?! :D She's as unique as she is lovely.
Thanks...I'm going to have to do some research to see if the pit laws apply to pit mixes in ohio. Too bad these guys get such a bad rep!

My websites:

Desiree

Post by Desiree »

Wow, those ears are funny! :D I love dogs with funny ears. It is sad pits get such a bad rap. I just hate to hear people talking bad about pits. Its the abusers that make the dog bad, not the breed itself. Unfortuanely like many other biases, some people will never change their minds no matter what.
Shellie

Post by Shellie »

Sadly it's all to often the dog that takes the brunt of the punishment for what we do to them. I have known some great Pit's, but I've also known some that were quite vicious and dangerous. All were products of what their owners did - or didn't - put into them. I think they are a wonderful breed when well bred and well trained. Sweet dogs like Gypsy are a great start towards improving people's perception of the Pit Bull. :D