Why, why, why?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

Why, why, why?

Post by Sarah83 »

I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this here, I apologise if so. It just makes me so angry when things like this happen.
http://nolasowner.wordpress.com/

Why would you take an aggressive dog to an event like that? This is not the first time this dog has attacked yet his owner seems to continue to bury his head in the sand and make excuses as to why it's not his fault. I sincerely hope this poor little puppy makes a full recovery and poor Muttley doesn't end up losing his life for his owners refusal to acknowledge his dogs aggression.
Horace's Mum

Re: Why, why, why?

Post by Horace's Mum »

Please don't tell me that is who i think it is. How many Paul and Muttley's can there be in the world?

Get well soon little Nola :cry:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Oooh, noooo..... Yes, Horace's Mum, that's the one and only. (Paul, you idiot! What were you thinking? Oh, yeah-- you weren't-- that's the problem.) :evil:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Oops, I didn't realise he used to post here when I posted that link :oops: I ran into him on another forum a few years back when he first got Muttley and was asking for advice. Forgot all about him until I saw this.

Apparently (the colours kill my eyes so I can't read many posts in one sitting) people on the forum of he who shall not be named but who has very white teeth and makes hissing noises are saying all that's needed is for Paul to have a calm assertive aura and that the puppy probably made a noise that caused Muttley to attack :roll: Guess it's the poor puppys fault then.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Poor, poor, Nola. I do hope her family is able to help her recover from her trauma. Also sympathy to poor Muttley who will probably end up paying the ultimate price one day for his owner's negligence.

I too read some of the posts about the incident and I had to stop. They really don't seem to care at all that Nola was completely traumatized by the whole thing.
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

OMG! That poor little girl!! I really hope she is doing better and has no lasting emotional scares from this attack.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I'm not sticking up for Paul & Muttley here, but from all the pictures of Woofstock and other places that have held "Anti Puppy Mills" rallies, I haven't seen any dog wearing a muzzle at these events! :shock: Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the little dog, Nola, but when owners walk their dogs, they should be keeping an eye on their dogs! :cry:

It only takes less than a split second for things to get out of hand, especially with a lot of dogs (heck, even with two dogs) are in close encounter with one another. :roll: When another dog, especially a strange dog, runs up to another dog, it's a provocation for an attack. I know, I've had dogs that generally got along with other dogs, but when one of them ran up to another, there was a fight. It is best to watch your dogs carefully and keep them at a distance when they first greet until you know for certain that both dogs will get along. :roll:

I hope Nola will get well soon and will have no trauma from this experience. Get well soon, Nola! :(

Paul, if you're reading this, you're lucky that the other owner didn't press charges and/or shoot your dog! From your incompetent behavior, your dog could have paid the ultimate price! As a responsible dog owner, you should have taken the responsibility by going with the other dog's owner to the vet and paid all vet/medical bills! That's one thing responsible dog owners do when their dog or dogs attack other dogs, other pets, humans, or cause property damage of others!
Last edited by wvvdiup1 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

I hope Nola's owners find this board so they can get help getting Nola turned around.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Paul is into CM, if I remember right Muttley wasn't that bad when they were on here, it sounds like he is much worse, I feel so sorry for Muttley having an idiot for an owner like Paul. Owners like Paul seem to gang together, they have to because they are not tollerated anywhere else because of their training methods.

The physical injuries will heal, it is the mental ones that may not, Joe never recovered from the attack on 2 Weimaraners and he lived with other dogs. A lot of dog aggressive dogs have been made that way because they were attacked themselves.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Whatever the ins and outs, this isn't really the place to discuss actual personalities.

It would be good though if the pup's owners could come here and then we could help them with their pup's fear issues.

My heart goes out to them.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

It would be good though if the pup's owners could come here and then we could help them with their pup's fear issues.
I posted a comment with a link to this site although it's awaiting moderation.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

I find it amazing, in a horrifying sort of way, that any training theory could
blame an attack on a noise made by a puppy. A noise? And this explains an
older, bigger dog grabbing a baby from behind? That was one heck of a bit,
too, no mere nip. It seems to me (being an expert in neither this training field
nor any other) that they're really stretching to find an explanation themselves.

I feel so badly for Nola's owners. They tried so hard to do everything right
for this puppy, and then to have her traumatized that way is so sad. They
have been traumatized as well, as they'll never be able to walk among dogs
without remembering this awful event and watching for another unprovoked
attack.

Makes me nervous, too.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

For some reason or other, I think Nolan's owners are members of this forum, because, if I remember correctly, I remember "Nolan something" or "something Nolan" in "Introduce Yourself" thread forum of this website. :? :roll:

Maybe I could be wrong because it may not be the right "Nolan", too! :oops: :(

I hope Nolan's owners come to this website soon to get the help they need!
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I gotta lock this folks - If Nolas owners wish to join they are more than welcome to do so and we will offer them every support and help we can.

We cannot use this site to attack anyone though, no matter who they are or how many times they have been banned from these forums.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant