Meet Kelda....

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Meet Kelda....

Post by emmabeth »

My lovely new Deerhoundy girl!

These were taken last night and shed been here about 3 hours by this point.

What a stunning girl and she is SO chilled and and relaxed, she loves the big dogs, she loves her crate, she loves all her toys and she loves her cuddles.

Shes a fast learner too, by tea time tonight shes starting to head to the back door after meals, knowing its time to go outside, and we havent yet had a poo accident. Shes had a few weewee accidents but only one today, which is pretty good going i reckon.

Shes taking everything in her stride, anything scary she just sits down and contemplates it for a bit.

Shes even met my Mother who is (bonkers) not a big dog fan really, but came here specially to see her!!!!!!

Fankyoo to the breeder for letting me have her and for raising her and her litter mates soooooooooo nicely, those 8 weeks of work and love really show!

Em
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

She's beautiful. Congrats.
BoardHost
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I have just seen her on LL Em, that pink tum is just right for blowing raspberries on. She is gorgous :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
CavsMum

Post by CavsMum »

shes beautiful! congratulations! and I love the name, does it have any special meaning? :D
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

She is sooooooooooo cuddleable!

CavsMum,

Her name is from a Terry Pratchett book (well, several), involving the 'Nac Mac Feegles' who are a race of pictsies, they are small, hairy, blue, scottish , opinionated and live to steal things.

They live in a large community ruled by their 'kelda' who is the queen and rules them all with an iron fist in an iron glove :lol:

I thought it suited her, as i want her to be the 'queen' of my group of dogs when my older ***** goes, and my other dogs are distinctly Feegle-ish (stealing things, being generally rather disreputable).

Shes doing so well and has the hang of house training totally!
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

She is sooo gorgeous! Makes me want another 4 footed friend!! :lol:
CavsMum

Post by CavsMum »

Ahh thought that sounded familiar! love Terry Pratchett! `Hat full of sky` and the `wee free men` eh.... :D good choice of name!
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

What a gorgeous puppy - congratulations
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Todays Pic of the Day..... actually I fib, there are two.... this one...

"I have come from planet Puppy to take over the worrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllld"

And....

Playing with her Uncle Pteppic... unfortunately two seconds after that she bashed him on the head and I missed the shot!

Uncle Pteppic is going to be very surprised in a few months when shes grown!
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Sugar and spice and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of..............

How true, she is indeed a cutie.

However, this does not change the fact that you are a mad woman. Four dogs already and now a new pup, and you call your mum bonkers!! :wink:

Congrats Em, she's lovely and I hope she brings you as much joy as my little girl has brought me. :D
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Heehee... my mum owns cats... thats plural cats.. nuff said really (i like cats, i have one, but ONE is sufficient when they are like mine... and hers!)

Will take more pics, shes not being spectacularly photogenic at the moment, shes asleep after eating her chicken wing..

Funnily enough, the puppy food she gets for her morning meals get a 'oh mm, ok' response....

The chicken wings get 'OH YUM YAY GIMME GIMME' response.... even at just approaching 9 weeks.... she knows whats best!

Today shes been to my friends again and walloped the cat that walloped her yesterday, haha. Shes met the boiler engineer (who was backed into a corner by said cat and needed rescuing), shes also met my neighbour Joyce who calls her 'Awwww Tripehound!' (shes 71 and mad as a box of frogs in the very nicest way possible!), and ..... she survived me tripping up and falling over and wasnt in the SLIGHTEST bit upset.

Which was handy because I was and i have the fattest knee you ever saw now!

Last night was her first night downstairs unsupervised for nearly 6 hours, and she didnt make a sound, not a wee or poo in sight either.

No accidents today either despite me now being rather slow to get her outside due to the aforementioned fat knee.

:)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Ocelot0411 wrote: However, this does not change the fact that you are a mad woman. Four dogs already and now a new pup, and you call your mum bonkers!! :wink:
Em still hasn't caught up with me :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Good lord Mattie, what have you got then? A whole pack?
emma-louise

Post by emma-louise »

shes lovely!!!!
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Em beats me on size with her pup, :lol:

I have Joe, 11, a JRT/Whippet who was abused in the name of training by his previous owners and has brain damage.

Merlin, 7, ex racing Greyhound from Northern Ireland.

Gracie, who knows, Staffy/Cairn a little darling who wanted to kill every dog she saw when I first got her, now is wonderful with strange dogs.

Bonnie, 3, Lab/BC, both back legs broken when she was about 6 months old because she was dragged under a vehicle. Spent 2 months in a crate to heal them and it took me a week to get her to stop long enough to praise her. She never looked back then.

Tilly, 14 months old, Greyhound/Lab. Came as a foster pup last December and to be rehomed in January, now a permanent member.

Ellie, about 8, Staffy, came as a foster dog straight from a pound after having 2 large tumours taken off her. Came to recouperate and then be rehomed but the wrong people wanted her so she isn't going anywhere.

I am banned from fostering now because they don't move on :lol: