Just thinking out loud...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

Re: Just thinking out loud...

Post by Leigha »

It does help Melissa, and thank you. Thankfully all of the "sickness" to this has completely bypassed me. I'm tired, but that's about it. I haven't had morning sickness at all (either the nausea or the vomiting). Some days if I don't eat in the first few minutes of me feeling hungry I'll get so hungry I feel kind of sick, but as soon as I eat I'm okay. My prenatal vitamins make me feel kind of yucky, so I've started taking those in the evening when I'm going to bed. All of the old wives' tales I've heard say if you're sick during your pregnancy you're having a girl (something about they have the same hormones as you... who knows) and if you don't get very sick you're having a boy (because their hormones cancel out yours). I'm not so sure I believe all of that, but Jason's sure hoping it's right because he really wants a boy... I'll wait for a few more weeks until the doctor can tell us what's going on in there.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I was more sick when pregnant with my dghtr. I believe the hormone analogy b/c I lived it but of course everyone is different. Well did you know that if you douche with vinegar before 'trying' you increase chances of having a girl, and if you douche with baking soda you are trying for a boy. This worked for me too :wink: I didn't know of this technique before my 1st pregnancy but I did for my 2nd. Thus I had a girl :D Well know you know if you ever want to have another
Sorry if this is a bit of a threadjack :oops:
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I feel everyone is studieng everyting I eat, do, say and how I look, carry, etc to give some input whether it's a boy or a girl, ugh irretates the crap out of me :evil: I have been for I don't know how many scans, but my baby doesn't wanna show if "it" is a he or a she. :roll: So I googled the old wifes tales - just to have something to say for the next person trying to guess if it's a boy or a girl...well, my baby fell right in the middle. He / she complies with 50% of the "girl signs" and 50% of the "boy signs" :roll: :lol:

Back to the doggie stuff. I don't know if you've heard about what they refer to as "pregnancy brain" or "pudding brain". Well, I thought is was complete nonsense...yeah well, since being in the second trimester and I actually have the energy to exercise the dogs, it has happened about 3 or 4 times that I just plain forgot to walk the dogs. By the time I realise I haven't walked them it's already dark (too dangerous here to go out at night) :lol: But it still beats the tiredness of the 1st three months
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

When I had my children we couldn't tell what the sex was, think I prefer that way, part of the fun was the wondering what it would be even after the baby was born, the first words were usually, "What is it", you can't have all that if you know. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

I'd be okay not knowing, my friend who just started her second trimester's choosing not to find out. J's the one who wants to be prepared, and I understand that. I think with this one we'll find out and any after we'll wait.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Melissa, when I was preggers with my firstborn, Mr. Fundog was in the military. So in order to get prenatal care, I had to attend an all-day seminar about being pregnant. I remember in one of the lectures, the RN jokingly told us, "Pregnancy causes brain-damage, and it gets progressively worse with each subsequent pregnancy." She cited her mother as an example of medical fact, as she had had THIRTEEN children! :lol: Of course, we all laughed, but it's true, and I've only had two. :shock: :lol: :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Fundog wrote:
when I was preggers with my firstborn, Mr. Fundog was in the military. So in order to get prenatal care, I had to attend an all-day seminar about being pregnant. I remember in one of the lectures, the RN jokingly told us, "Pregnancy causes brain-damage, and it gets progressively worse with each subsequent pregnancy." She cited her mother as an example of medical fact, as she had had THIRTEEN children! Of course, we all laughed, but it's true, and I've only had two.
Ummm, you had to attend an all-day seminar about being pregnant? Geez, think of the next thing they'll give women: manuscripts or instructions! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm like Mattie, I would prefer not knowing if it is a boy or girl, because I think that knowing before hand takes the fun out of it! :wink:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Congratulations! I had my first one in March. Hated the being initially pregnant in the summer. I would walk out of the door and be ready to go back inside to bed. :lol: Had my second one in August. Much better. I would get queasy if I didn't eat fairly soon after getting up, but never had morning sickness with any of them. I didn't know what any of them were going to be. I only had an ultrasound done with the third and last and only because they had to figure out when she was due. I asked not to know the sex and she was being private anyway, so it remained a seceret until she was born and the doctor announced we had a daughter. My husband was so certain that after 2 boys we would have another boy, he asked the doctor if he was sure. :D

Best wishes with the dogs and OH. We only had cats back then, and pregnant women shouldn't clean cat litter, so I got a break from that duty for a while. :D
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Fundog wrote:
when I was preggers with my firstborn, Mr. Fundog was in the military. So in order to get prenatal care, I had to attend an all-day seminar about being pregnant. I remember in one of the lectures, the RN jokingly told us, "Pregnancy causes brain-damage, and it gets progressively worse with each subsequent pregnancy." She cited her mother as an example of medical fact, as she had had THIRTEEN children! Of course, we all laughed, but it's true, and I've only had two.
Ummm, you had to attend an all-day seminar about being pregnant? Geez, think of the next thing they'll give women: manuscripts or instructions! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm like Mattie, I would prefer not knowing if it is a boy or girl, because I think that knowing before hand takes the fun out of it! :wink:
:lol: Yeah, I don't know if you know what the military is like, but they are really "anal" about stuff. I had to fill out a lot of forms first, and then we had to listen to a whole lot of lecturers from various medical departments, about how to take care of ourselves, what to expect during our pregnancy and birth, and how to care for an infant. :roll: I only took a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch that day, then after the seminar I had to go to the lab to get some prenatal bloodwork done. I actually FAINTED during the blood draw! :shock: It was a teaching hospital, so there were a lot of students milling about. They all gathered around me and exclaimed, "Wow! That was cool! We've never seen anyone faint before!" :shock: :lol: So they put me into another room with an actual bed and made me lie down for a loooong time. They called up a doctor from the emergency room to come and see me, and make sure I was okay. They wouldn't let me leave for awhile, as they said I still looked rather "green." Wow, that was a memorable experience. :lol:

A few months later I attended a funeral for a cousin's baby. :( We were all standing outside in the cemetery, and I was actually standing on a slope. I had to lock my knees to keep my balance, and of course, being 17 weeks along at the time, I fainted. Oh my gosh, I was soooo embarrassed. :oops: Years later, my cousins still remember that I was the one who fainted at the baby's funeral. :oops:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I know the military can be anal at times, especially since they banned pitt bulls and pitt bull mixes! :(
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown