I feel like a bad owner

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

Re: I feel like a bad owner

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Fundog wrote:
It happens from time to time. I actually have a rather "colorful" vocabulary in person.
I guess someone has to retrain you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with those of you who said (I'm paraphrasing) "You'll miss the time when he was a puppy." Oh how true! The dogs I've had and taken pictures of them when they were just little rambunctious balls of fur to full-grown, well-behaved dogs and thought how even though the time flew by, they were one of the best times I've spent with them! Now that they're gone, I miss them even more!

However, I don't have pictures of Karma when she was a puppy, because I got her when she was five years old. I feel awkward in asking her former owners if they have any puppy pictures of Karma, so I imagine her as looking like a Panda Bear cub! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Carol F. King

Re: I feel like a bad owner

Post by Carol F. King »

After my last puppy I promised myself NEVER AGAIN. I will adopt shelter or rescues at least a year old. I'm into toy Breeds and mixes (toy breed size). They are past the chewing everything I own and most often House Trained. My most recent is a Chi/Jack Russell mix. He was a year old when I got him a little over 2 years ago and had the "raw material" to be an Assistance Dog. He is now my Hearing Dog and doing a great job.

I just can't do puppies or baby's any more :cry:

Carol F. King