Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with dogs, but I was just wondering if the world is really going to end in 2012. After watching part of the movie and watching all these shows about it and hearing about the Mayan calendar, I'm beginning to get scared and think that the world really IS going to end on Dec. 21. I'm very scared and all I can think about is the world ending. I've searched it up and NASA says it won't happen, but after asking my sister and friends, they say that NASA said something about the sun blowing up :shock: :shock: :shock: I NEED ANSWERS (even though I know we'll never know until that day comes) :cry:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Fundog

Re: 2012

Post by Fundog »

DogzRule, since my answer would be incredibly inappropriate on this forum, I'm sending you a PM.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Ok...
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

The world can't end before the next Olympics because it is in the UK and I want to go. :lol:

Seriously, people have been saying this for centuries and it hasn't happened yet, I have seen many dates come and go with nothing happening. I don't believe the world will end as such, it may change, hopefully for the better but not end.

I remember quite a few years ago there was a lot about the Age of Aquarius, we are going into it, this will be an age of peace but the world will be in turmoil during the change over.

There are and always will be stories about this, it is people's ideas and thoughts just like judging dogs are the judges, I wonder how many of us would pick the same dogs to win as the judge.

Dogzrule, learn to read, take in, then research to get your own ideas, try not to let these things upset you, it is just their ideas. You only have to see how easily posts on here are misunderstood to realise that everyone sees things differently. HUGS
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Naaah...remember the 2000 millenium bug?
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I remember the bug :lol: but back then I was too young to even THINK about this kind of stuff :?
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Fear's not a good way to live your life. Don't worry about things that you absolutely have no control over. You need to live each day like it's the best thing ever.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I do, if only my dog didn't have fleas and now we're in flea war :(
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

here is the key to the whole 2012 thing....HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Not to make light of something that has you unsettled, but it's just a movie. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, Hollywood NEVER gets it right or accurate when portraying real life stories. And this is just an entertainment movie, so you can only imagine the licenses they took with the historical facts known surrounding the Mayan calendar and flights of fantasy when dealing with the parts not yet known or understood in proper historical context.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I'm not talking about Hollywood. I'm talking about NASA, the calendar, and the sun.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

Just an observation here, why on earth would you worry about something that is way beyond anyones scope of control anyway? Hey if it happens, who will be around to care. If it doesn't well then life as we know it goes on. I think there will always be a percentage of the populous that are "drama queens" love to scare and worry people for the 15 minutes of fame,this is NOT new,through out history there has always been some macadamia with a big mouth telling people the end is coming. The most recent of these was the dude with the hale bop comet, this was supposed to be the end of the world, he and his followers were going to board spaceships and survive, the tragic part was he had a number of followers who believing they had missed the space ship arrival, committed suicide. :( Tune 'em out and go give your dog a hug, that we can control :D
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

I've been following this 12/21/2012 thing and ending of the Mayan calendar
for several years. Yes, it can sound very scary, but really, there is nothing
to worry about. Either the world will end, or it won't. Nothing we can do
about it either way. So be mindful of the days you do have (if you think
the world is going to end) and live them fully, which is what we should be
doing every day, whether the world is ending or not. As a coroner once
pointed out to me, no one in his morgue ever expected to be there that
day, so we should appreciate today. Tomorrow is never guaranteed for
any of us.

But as to the end of the world, we're just as likely to wake up on
12/22/2012 with the world troddling along as it always has :)
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

DogzRule1996 wrote:I'm not talking about Hollywood. I'm talking about NASA, the calendar, and the sun.
except the Hollywood movie is driving awareness of the Mayan calendar ending in 2012. And Hollywood never gets it right. they are out to sell tickets and hopefully a good story, in that order.

What is your worry about NASA and the sun?
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Wars, famine, disease, starvation, will always be in this world because it is of this world! DogzRule, I remember the times when this world was under a threat of a nuclear war! However, worrying about something you, I, or anyone else who have no control over isn't the way to live your life!
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

wvvdiup1 wrote: I remember the times when this world was under a threat of a nuclear war!
I remember that too. On my first day of school they were teaching a class of already
spooked 6 year olds to hide under their desks in case of nuclear attack during the
Cuban missle crisis. School was such a happy experience! :lol: Now it's just one
more example of scary things that never come to pass.