Terrifying ordeal:( Updated, she is home:))))))

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

Re: Terrifying ordeal:( Updated, she is home:))))))

Post by wvvdiup1 »

That is good news, Mattie! I thought about what you've said about her eating her tuna and thought she was getting better! You have confirmed my thoughts, Mattie! It's good she is a lot better! Good job Mattie and Ellie! :D :D :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Thankfully I had a good night last night, Ellie did wake me up once, so much better than the previous 2 nights. She isn't coughing as much so not as much mucus thank goodness.

I gave her some broccolli and carrots in her food yesterday, today I have started to slowly introduce her normal food, she still isn't eating as much as she used to but the will come, it is better to see her eat as much as she wants now.

As I don't know Ellie's history I don't know how she was walked in the past, she would pull if on a collar when she first came, she arrived on a collar which is how I know, she may have had a choke chain on to stop her pulling, whatever has happened in the past has caused this.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Zaksmum

Post by Zaksmum »

Hi Mattie....

I am so sorry I've not been in touch, but am sooooo glad that Ellie seems to be getting better day by day.
I would have posted sooner, but the lightening on Tuesday evening totally zapped my pc and I lost quite a lot of stuff, including contact info.
It is heart warming to know that there are people out there who would move heaven and earth for their 'babies', and you are certainly a shining example to all.
Big (but gentle) hugs to Ellie and a big glass of wine to you!!
All the best to you and yours xx
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Wow, this is the first time I have ventured into the general chat section. Glad to hear things are working out well, and that there are caring vets out there. Kudos to you for being able to think of using a cell phone charger in a new and unique way. :D
Best wishes for continued rapid healing.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
shybird

Post by shybird »

Coming in on this late. Late enough to find that Ellie is getting better. That was wonderful news. I'd like to add healing prayers for Ellie and send you a couple of hugs.
Myia
Don't buy,while shelter pets die.
Ban irresponsibility,not breeds.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Thank you, Ellie continues to do well, in fact she is back to normal apart from the tracheotomy, she doesn't have the stitches out until either Friday or next Monday. She does cough a lot when we wake up mornings but that is normal, she sounds like someone with a smokers cough. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Fantastic news!! I'm so happy :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Good to hear Ellie is doing better, Mattie! :D Good news indeed! :D

(((HUGS))) to you and Ellie! :D
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

I am so glad to hear that Ellie is improving and that all your efforts on her behalf are helping her get back to her normal doggie self! :D
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Hi Mattie, I'm sorry I haven't posted before now, I haven't had enough time to access the internet at work and it has been down at home. I am so glad to hear Ellie is improving, I really hope she continues and finds her next surge of life - I reckon she will live to be an old lady yet! Hopefully you are getting more sleep as I write this.

Just a thought, would it help to get one of those suction things they use for babies to clear their noses when they have a cold? trying to picture a canine trach, but the people I know who have them have suction machines to clear the mucus throughout the day. I don't think the baby ones are very expensive, maybe a couple of pounds, and if you did it several times a day it might help the cough?? You will know if it makes sense, just throwing the idea out there.

Take care, wine and chocolate and don't forget to look after yourself as well :)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Thanks Horace's Mum I didn't know you could get suction things to get the mucus up, Ellie does have 2 nebulisers, I have one that works by battery in the caravan so she can get it any time she needs it.

At the moment it is the stitches that are causing the problem, the mucus sticks on them and is difficult to get off, the vet wants me to leave it on, said it was important that the stitches weren't interferred with but she then sucks it back down and blocks the trach. I have been getting it off using hot water to soften it.
Zaksmum

Post by Zaksmum »

Guess it doesn't help either when Ellie decides that the biscuit box in the boot is self service either!! :lol:

Was really great to meet her though, and can't believe how well she looks considering what she's been through, a right little fighter!! She's a credit to you Mattie, and it certainly shows in the way she was yesterday :D

Give the others a big hug from me and I'll give Zak a hug from you (even though i think you scared the bejezuz out of him, haha!!).
I'll post on my other thread on how he's doing already,
Take care and ((hugs))
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Ellie's naughty behaviour yesterday has its own thread, that is how naughty she was, it is lovely to see her back to normal after all she has gone through. :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Good to hear Ellie is back to her old, ornery self, Mattie! :lol: You should have seen the site I saw a few minutes ago: Karma was scratching herself, however, it looked like she "kick-starting" herself as one would kick-start a motorcycle or some other ATV! :lol: