Need name ideas

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

angel894

Need name ideas

Post by angel894 »

We just adopted this dog from the shelter. They neuter them before sending them home and the shelter I found him at is over an hour away, so we'll be bringing him home Thursday. He is really sweet. He was not reserved at all around us and jumped right into the love and attention. He hated going back so much and it broke my heart to leave him there any longer. He is a 1 year old, 15lb, wired hair, male terrier mix. I can't for the life of me think of a name. I have a few I like okay, but can't imagine using for the rest of his life.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16547465
jacksdad

Re: Need name ideas

Post by jacksdad »

cute guy, happy smile.

wish I could be more help with names, but I am lousy with this kind of thing. with my dog, took the easy way and keep the name he cam with.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I think if a dog doesnt come with a name, make a shortlist of names you like, and then wait and see which one of those names he really 'is'.

I think hes maybe an Alfie (Alfred for sunday best), or a Sprocket....
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
angel894

Post by angel894 »

No name. My dog before him was named when I got him. I was 5 for the dog before that. Somehow, at 5, names are easy.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Looks like a "Toto" to me. :D
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

maximoo wrote:Looks like a "Toto" to me. :D
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pic.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

:lol: Scruffy
angel894

Post by angel894 »

My husband likes Max and has me using it now. I wasn't fond of it much at first, but it is growing on me. Max it is! Thanks for all the help. I'm horrible with names and my husband usually takes no interest in pets. He doesn't mind the dog or helping on occasion, but beyond that...I think he actually likes the little guy. :lol:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

He looks like a Sparky to me.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

My boy's name is Max & it is the #1 name for boy dogs (& cats too) My dghtr named him but it isn't a name I would've chosen as it is so-o-o popular. You will meet many Max's when you walk him or take him to a d dog park. :D
shybird

Post by shybird »

How about Terry the Terrier? When the is good you can call him Terry the Terrific and when he is bad, you can call him Terry the Terror. :lol: He is absolutely adorable!!
Myia
Don't buy,while shelter pets die.
Ban irresponsibility,not breeds.
angel894

Post by angel894 »

I love your signature, shybird. My friends have purebreds. I got a lot of offers for breeder's phone numbers. I/my family has had 2 dogs. Both rescues. I couldn't see buying from someone when there are such loving dogs in shelters everywhere.
shybird

Post by shybird »

In my avatar, the two end ones were adopted from a kill shelter. They escaped with about 15 minutes to spare. Feeling guilty for buying one, I got involved in rescue... that was 8 1/2 years ago. I do rotties, but I've fostered a pom. No fosters right now. It makes my heart happy to hear you say you want a shelter dog. :D :D :D They truly make the best pets!!!
Myia
Don't buy,while shelter pets die.
Ban irresponsibility,not breeds.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I don't know why I'm thinking of the name "Benji", however, "Toto" sounds good to me! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
angel894

Post by angel894 »

My husband is the hardest man to please. He goes from just being okay with a dog because my son and I want one to suddenly having to approve everything. We were there yesterday to see him and he really took a liking to my husband. He pouted a lot when I pointed out why naming him Max may not be the best idea. He has told me no to tons and tons of names. He finally said yes to one! Basil

And I love the name Sparky. I had a dog named Sparticus (mostly called Sparkey) and I had to put him down in Nov of '08 due to some overwhelming health problems that were causing him pain.