lauren & Bobs Blog

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

loza123

lauren & Bobs Blog

Post by loza123 »

Hopefully the mods wont mind me doing this i thought i would do a blog of bob with me added :p
And i decided not to put it in the training board and keep it in genral so if any problems do arise then i will put it in the train board. Hopefully that all makes sense. :)

Anyhow... Bob
We have had Bob just under a month now ( It will be a month on Saturday) and has settled in really well from the moment we brought him home it was like he had being with us all his life. The very next morning i was up at 10 ( which is early for me on a Sunday) we met a few dogs but because i would not risk him off his lead having never tried recall with him had had to be on his lead and had a few snaps at dogs that got to close to him. We also start doing the techquinue of when the dog pulls we go in the other direction which kinda of worked.

During the next week or maybe two we brought him an extra long lead and began some recall with him and took him so some dog training classes and so far am happy to say he does a very good stay, paw and lie down the come command is also doing well :D . Just last week or so we was on the field and met two dogs both put them on the leads before they had chance to smell each other. Yet Bob was pulling a little towards them with his ears pricked up but no hackles as them men walked past one shouted “ It looks like he wants to play love” I shouted back that i didn’t want to risk letting him of when he had not learned to come back yet. After Bob just kept circling me. I walked into a field that was like a field within a field and was used to keep horses in so the fence was about 6ft fencing with bushes around it. After a few throws of the ball on his 10 meter lead though i was not holding on to it i decided to let him off completely throw the ball he ran after it and happily came back  After some work with his recall he kept coming back to me after time ( Apart from when how saw another dog through the fence then it was just stare at the dog and only the dog lol) That night i allowed him to walk back home with me on this long lead i was not holding it and he happily followed .

His still going to classes and even though there’s a room full of dogs his does not lundge at them .
Tonight i took him out and for the second time i made sure there was no dogs on the big field and let Bob of his lead and played fetch . He came back every time. Though we was on our way home tonight and met a Jack Russel who can be a bit snappy and will run to other dogs and a man who i have met before with his choc lab i happened to be picking up the dogs dirt and these two dogs came walking up i noticed the chocolate lab and bob were both staring at each other which i know is not really a good thing. I tried getting his attention but it was not working. Bob went for the lab i pulled him back and we ended up being near the wall with this lab’s bum infront of bob. He ( bob) wanted to smell this dog and i thought its better like them smelling the bum and his tail was wagging and no hackles up so i allowed him to and there was no barking snarling etc.
That when i came up with an idea we think Bob may want to play as even people at the kennel said he stands up to the other dog then his fine . So i have called in a friend who has a staffie , loves to play and can run fast so were going to meet up tomorrow and see how they are and if they get on okay maybe let them of the lead so fingers crossed it will go okay.
Thats Bob so far..
Lauren & Bob
sarahjayne

Re: lauren & Bobs Blog

Post by sarahjayne »

Sounds great ! So how is bob since then ? I'd love to have news, having read your first post :D :D