My Best Friend was Attacked **** Violence ****

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

PHOENIX

My Best Friend was Attacked **** Violence ****

Post by PHOENIX »

My best friend was Attacked!!!! ** TRIGGERING **

This is an incident that happened at a pet specialty store a week and a half ago.

***** The incident detailed below is about an intentional act of violence against my dog. Proceed with this knowledge. *****

Approximately 2:00 pm

After I was finished with my purchase, I moved the cart, my dog and myself off to the side and against the wall at the end of the register isle to keep out of the way of any other customers. My dog was lying on the floor, at my feet and near the cart with his tail wrapped along his side, and I was standing near the wall, looking down at the sales receipt. We were well out of the way, leaving as much as 3-4 feet of space in the isle exiting from the register so that customer traffic would not be impeded. As is my habit, I always take up the slack in the leash. I don't want my dog (or any dog I am handling) to be able to have the chance to get up and get tangled with a cart, get stepped on, get in someone's way, etc.

While I had been at the register, the clerk had given my dog several cookies. While he was eager to get the cookies and was putting his paws on the counter, he wasn't in any way aggressive. The employee had even come out from behind the register to use the wireless code reader on the bag of dog food in the cart. My dogs' only interest was whether or not she had more cookies.

All of a sudden I heard my dog vocalize (as if he had been hurt) and saw him just as he was getting away from of a guy. The man said my dog had just bitten him out of the blue, unprovoked, and that I had no right to have a dangerous animal in public. He went on to say that if my dog "needed something on his face" that it was proof he wasn't fit to live. I tried explaining that it was a gentle leader, not a muzzle, and I was trying to figure out what happened and why. (There is no possible way that my dog had just lept up from a lying position and had launched himself 3 - 4 feet since there was only about 2 feet of available leash (just enough for him to comfortably lie on the floor without the leash pulling on him.))

The man kept yelling about the fact that he had "something on his face" and I was trying to explain it was a halter because my dog sometimes pulls when he sees bicycles. The man refused to believe it was anything other than a failed attempt to prevent my dog from being able to open his mouth and bite people.

While he was yelling at me, I had maneuvered to a position in which the cart was now between me, my dog, and the man.

The man continued to yell at me and after several minutes declared he was "giving me a break" since only his pants were torn (about 1/2" along the seam) and that he wasn't hurt. He told me I was "lucky." (The tear in the man's pants was along the inside seam of his upper left thigh. There wasn't any blood and the man stated that the skin had not been broken.)

During the time the man was yelling at me, pointing his finger at me and being otherwise loud and unpredictable, my dog stood queity by my side. He never uttered a growl or a bark. He never raised the hair on his back and he never gave any indication that he was upset by the man's behavior.

I stayed in the store, in shock by what had happened, trying to figure out what had just transpired, and why. It didn't make any sense that my dog would just grab someone.

I thought about leaving, but decided not to leave while that man was still on the premises. Instead, I stayed in the store and was speaking to an employee regarding a question I had about my receipt.

A few minutes later, the man reappeared in the store, raging as he came through the door. His voice was loud and he was being physically threatening. As he stormed toward me he said the dog "tore the tendon out of his leg." "I want his information, now this is a health issue!!!"

The employee with whom I had been speaking was trying to ask the guy what happened. He was also trying to ask the guy what information he wanted.

Before the employee could even finish asking his questions, the man got in the employees face (less than a foot away) and told him he was either "part of this conspiracy and was protecting him (me) or to get out of the way and stop interfering before I hit you (the employee)."

Again, I put the cart between myself and this man, fearing that he was going to hit me. The man was yelling "I should to take that damn dog out in the parking lot and break it's neck" and that he would beat me until he got what he wanted from my wallet. He continued to rant about "the damn dog."

The man kept pacing back and forth as he continued to rant about the dog having "torn the tendon out of his leg and how it was now a health issue." (There wasn't any sign of blood on his pants.)

Even though the man was close to us and was yelling and poking his finger in my direction, my dog never acted in an aggressive or protective manner. He didn't growl or bark. (It actually struck me as odd that my dog didn't get upset about the man's threatening behavior, but I didn't give it much thought as I was more concerned about what the man might do to either one of us at any moment.)

The employee asked another employee to call the police. He was still trying to ask the what information the man wanted, but the man wouldn't give him an answer. Instead the man went on a tirade about how dogs shouldn't be allowed in the store and that how "people like him (me) are a problem."

The employee handed me a piece of paper and told me to give the man my name and phone number.

It took great effort to write the information as my hands were violently shaking.

I handed the man the paper with my information (full name and phone number) on it. He looked at it and started yelling that he "expected something like this from someone dressed like him (me)." He shoved the paper back at me and told me he wanted ALL of my information. "I want your address!!!" He also screamed that he couldn't trust "someone like him (me)."

I gave the man the paper with my full name, address and phone number on it.

He demanded that the police be called to verify my information, as he didn't trust that I was giving him truthful information.

Shortly thereafter, an officer from the Police Department arrived.

The man went to the part of the store near the exit and spoke to the police officer. I had moved to the opposite side of the store, in front of the grooming salon, with the cart between me and the man.

As the man was speaking to the police officer, I noticed the employee he had threatened to hit was also standing near him.

Several employees had come over to me to see if I was ok. They were also petting my dog and one had given him some cookies.

While the officer was speaking with the man, I had called my friend.

The police officer approached me to ask me to step over to the register to speak to him. My dog had taken a few steps toward the officer, briefly sniffed him and then went back to the employee who had been petting him.

The employee who had been kneeling by and petting my dog told me she would hold his leash while I spoke to the officer. I didn't know any of the employees, nor did any of them know either my dog or myself, but I handed her the leash while I spoke to the police officer.

I tried explaining to the officer that this was uncharacteristic behavior for my dog. That he wouldn't have just bitten someone out of the blue unless the guy had hurt him. I thought maybe the man had stepped on my dog's tail, because he couldn't have given the wide berth he claimed and had my dog be able to reach him. (At this time I was still unaware that my dog had, in fact, been hurt.)

The officer asked me for my driver's license and he wrote the information in his small note pad. He also asked if my dog was registered with the town and asked if his rabies shot was up to date. I told him yes to both questions and told him I could show him my dog's tags.

The employee who was holding my dog's leash removed my dog's collar and handed it to me, which I then handed to the police officer.

She then put my dog's collar back on him.

The police officer told me that everything seemed to be in order - that my dog was registered with the town and that I had proof that his shots were up to date. He told me that I would be contacted by the board of health in a few days.

I had requested the man's name and other information, but was told by the police officer that I didn't have a right to that information. That I could pick up a report at the police station. I commented that the man's information would be redacted and that I had a right to know who he was and where he lived. After all, he had my information. I hadn't yet told him I was in fear of the man.

I asked the police officer to please stay on the premises until the man left, as he had threatened me and my dog and I didn't want to be in the parking lot while he was still around.

He said he was going to stay to make sure we were safe. The police officer exited the store a few moments after the man exited.

In the meantime, the employees who had been petting my dog were still petting him. The employee who had my dog's leash asked me if I was ok. She was concerned by how upset I was and she was offering support to both my dog and myself.

Another female employee had come over and we spoke for several minutes, still trying to figure out what had happened. They both told me that my dog was a good dog, how they noticed that as the man was being menacing that my dog never even growled, barked or reacted, which in some way was strange that a dog wouldn't respond to an obvious threat.

They wanted to make sure I was ok to drive before they let me leave the store.

I thanked them for all of their assistance and support.

I left the store and as I did, I noticed that the police officer was in his police car which was still parked right in front of the store.

As I opened the vehicle door, I noticed that I had to assist my dog into the vehicle, but didn't think much about it, still in shock from what had just happened.

I returned the cart to the store lobby and went back to the vehicle.

After I got in the vehicle I also noticed that my dog wasn't moving around the vehicle as he normally would before I fastened the seat belt to his safety harness but, again, didn't yet consider the fact that he was hurt.

I was thankful I had asked the officer to stay, but was afraid that the man might be waiting at my home, knowing he had my address and I was thinking about how I should have asked the officer to either follow me home or have another officer waiting at my home.

Thankfully, the man wasn't waiting at my house, but I wasn't any less afraid he would show up.

I released the seat belt from my dog's safety harness and instead of my dog exiting the vehicle as he usually would after being told it was ok to do so, he just sat there. I helped him out of the vehicle, still not realizing that something was wrong, as I was more concerned that the man might show up and do us harm.

I walked my dog to the house and after we got inside I told him to go up the stairs. I had to tell him several times as he would only go up a few of the stairs. Still not realizing he was hurt, I got my cart so I could transport the bag of dog food without having to carry it.

I got the food into the house and up the stairs, still not realizing that my dog was hurt.

As I was speaking to my friend on the phone, in addition to noticing that my dog was lying very still, I saw that when he got up that his left back foot was turned the wrong way. Instead of walking on the pads of his foot, he was walking (limping) on the top of his toes and he couldn't put his foot in the correct position.

I told my friend I thought my dog's foot was broken and that I had to hang up. I needed to call the vet, the police officer and the store and let them all know what was happening.

I called the vet's office and got an appointment for 4:30, though they said I could come early. They told me to use a towel around my dog's waist to help support him as he walked and, if possible, to prevent him from going up and down the stairs. Since I live on the 2nd floor, this wasn't possible.

I then called the police officer and told him that I thought my dog's foot was broken and that the man had indeed hurt my dog and hadn't given him the "wide berth" he had claimed. That my dog hadn't acted in an unprovoked manner and that he was hurt. I told him I was taking my dog to the vet. He told me to let him know what the vet said.

I then called the store and asked to speak to _____ the employee who had been kneeling by my dog. She was the one who was holding my dog's leash as I spoke to the officer and with whom I had spoken after the incident. I told her I thought my dog's foot was broken. How he couldn't walk on the bottom of his foot. How it was turned and that he was walking (limping) on the top of his toes and he couldn't put it in the correct anatomical position. I told her he wasn't able to walk. She asked me to call her when I got back from the vet's office.

During this time, my dog had only taken about three steps before he laid on the floor, refusing to get up. I gathered everything I needed to prepare to take him to see his doctor.

I helped my dog to his feet, making sure to put his rear left foot in it's correct anatomical position. I placed the towel around his waist and helped him ambulate down the hall, down the stairs and to the vehicle.

I picked my dog up and placed him in the vehicle, and secured his safety harness with the seat belt.

My dog immediately laid down without being told. Usually, he likes to sit and look out of the windows.

The fear I had of this man and his menacing and threatening behavior was slowly turning to anger.

I was angry at myself for not knowing my rights. I was angry at myself for being afraid of that man. And I was angry at that man for being a damned liar. He KNEW he had stepped on my dog and HE caused the incident to happen. Now my dog was hurt because of HIS actions.

When I arrived at the vet's, I lifted my dog out of the vehicle. I made sure his foot was anatomically aligned and helped him ambulate up the stairs to the waiting area.

My dog had difficulty ascending the porch steps to get to the waiting area.

When we got inside my dog just laid on the floor.

Usually when we go to the vet's, my dog goes to the reception desk and puts his paws on it, looking for cookies and affection.

When the vet called us to come into the exam room, I helped my dog to his feet. My dog was reluctant to walk.

The vet took my dog's leash and had me hold the towel which was supporting my dog around the waist.

It wasn't until after we got into the exam room that I saw that BOTH of my dog's back legs were affected. It seemed it wasn't his foot that was the problem. There was something wrong with his legs.

I told the doctor what had happened just a short while ago.

The doctor carefully examined my dog and said nothing was broken.

He pointed out to me that my dog was taking high steps with both of his back feet and how my dog wasn't putting full weight on his left back foot. We both saw the instability of his back legs and how not only his gait was affected but how he wasn't able to properly balance himself or properly use his legs.

My dog has never before had orthopedic problems affecting his back or legs. The only minor injury was a sore shoulder approximately 7 - 8 years ago, which did NOT require medical intervention.

Though he didn't see what had happened to my dog, the doctor stated that from the injuries, he suspects that the man stepped on my dog's tail. As my dog pulled to get out from under the guy's foot, his lumbar vertebrae were stretched and the muscles were strained and that the swelling was pressing on the nerves impeding his ability to use his legs.

He said it was soft tissue damage and that he didn't think there were going to be permanent injuries, but he couldn't be certain at that time.

He gave my dog an injection of an anti-inflammatory.

He came back a few moments later with a prescription for my dog, which I was to give him starting the next morning. The doctor said to give it with food so it wouldn't upset my dog's stomach.

The doctor told me that he expected I should see some improvement by the next morning and that he expected there would be continued improvement over the next several days. He also told me to call him on Thursday to give him an update on my dog.

I called the vet's office on Thursday, but missed my dog's doctor. I spoke to one of the other doctors in the office.

We went over my dog's progress and continuing symptoms. She said his shaking legs and difficulty walking might be due to the inflammation that had not yet subsided, pain or both.

We decided to put him on pain medication.

There is a definite difference when my dog is getting pain relief as compared to when the medication wears off.

I don't know if any of my dog's injuries are going to be permanent.

I have been extremely upset by the situation.

First, it is terrifying to have your dog grab someone. Even though no skin was broken, it is still very upsetting.

But worst of all, everyone to whom I have told about this have all said the same thing:

THE MAN DID THIS ON PURPOSE!!!

He was trying to get a reaction out of the dog so he would be bitten just enough to be able to sue someone.

He just didn't realize until after the fact that I wasn't the well heeled person he was hoping to find that day.

The other thing people have told me is that this man WILL do this again.

I was told by a store employee that this man had, not long ago, tried to get into a fight with a customer. He wanted to "meet him in the parking lot." The customer agreed to do just that after he finished paying for his purchases.

But what the aggressor didn't realize when he initiated his bullshit was that the person with whom he wanted to fight was an off duty police officer. A person who could and would kick his ***.

The aggressor took off before the off duty police officer could meet him in the parking lot.

It seems this man looks for trouble and then wants to present himself as the victim.

In the situation with my dog, the police don't regard anyone other than him as the victim, as dog's don't have rights.

I couldn't even get the police to do anything about the fact that he threatened me.

I want to tell everyone who goes to that store, and others like it, to watch out for that man. But that would be illegal and I would be punished.

I want to tell all of the employees how dangerous he is and that he will do *something* again, whether it is to attack another unsuspecting dog and/ or dribble water on the floor and "slip and fall" and say he slipped on urine so he could sue the store.

I am enraged at myself for letting myself get intimidated and bullied into giving him information that I did not legally have to provide.

I am engraged at myself for not knowing my rights.

And I hate myself for not protecting my best friend.

I am waiting for my dog to recover and to find out if he will be permanently injured.

In the meantime, I am keeping detailed daily notes of my dog's progress and continuing difficulties.

I am waiting to see if I get sued.

If I don't get sued, I have the option of pursuing this guy in small claims court, but only to the extent of the medical bills for my dog. Small claims court doesn't award pain and suffering, which my dog (and I) clearly have.

Then again, if I initiate any civil action against this prick, I know he would come after me and he has much more in terms of resources (and probably connections) than I do, or can ever hope to have.

So I sit here, enraged and outraged, with nothing to do with these emotions other than to have them fester.

I originally posted this elsewhere (not on Ms. Stilwell's site). Since then, my dog has been to the vet (yesterday) for a follow-up visit.

Here are the results:

My dog is still in pain and has difficulty with his back legs (wobbling/ shaking/ at times one foot or the other is turned outward).

His proprioceptive reflex (tells a dog where / how their feet are positioned) is improving, but is still deficient.

The doctor said whatever healing continues for the next three months is all the healing there will be. My dog is 11 - 12 years old. He said if my dog was only 2 - 3, then he would say there would be continued healing for at least a year.

I am to start slowly (no more than a quarter mile total) walking my dog, to help build the strength in his muscles and to help restore/ form the neural pathways, which would help the healing.

The pain medication is to be continued, as necessary.

As needed, I am to continue supporting him ambulate up/ down stairs with a towel around his waist.

Unless there are instances of sharp pain, I don't need to check in with the vet for 4 weeks.

If you have read this far, thank you.

Any information / assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I apologize this was so long.

Many thanx,

Phoenix
Lauram

Re: My Best Friend was Attacked **** Violence ****

Post by Lauram »

What a complete and utter ********!!!!!!

That is so horrible for your dog and you, no-one should ever have to deal with what you did.

Hope your dog continues to improve, there wa nothing you could have done t prevent it, that guy must have been a total pscycho, we can't prepare or meetings with nutters like that so try not to beat yourself up. You handled the situation as best you could at the moment it was happening.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

How awful!

All I can do is recommend you seek legal advice from someone who specialises in the law as it applies to pets/canine issues... and keep hold of any and all evidence you have from witnesses and your vet.

Unfortunately there are people out there with all manner of evil agendas, so I would warn people if you are in a pet store or similar, have your dog sat in front of you where you can see who is approaching them, at all times. Not behind you, and NEVER tied up outside the store.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

This man was clearly looking to set someone up.

Odds are he won't come after you, and I would be willing to beat the cop was onto him, but was limited by law what he could do at that moment.

Just the same, like Emma says document as much as you can. and it probably wouldn't hurt to get a consultation from some who can legally advise you. Get the police report as well. Also, I would stop posting about this on the Internet right now. In the unlikely event you do get sued, you don't want something written in the heat of anger to come back on you. anonymity on the internet is a myth.

Don't beat your self up, you did what you thought was right. Now focus your energy on your dog, he needs you.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Did the store get this incident on security camera? What about the fact the man threatened one of the employees as well? Yes, I agree. This man makes his living by setting up opportunities to sue others. Just like the pickpocket teams in airports and shopping malls, and people who deliberately cause "accidents" so they can claim insurance and/or worker's comp. I also agree that if you haven't already, you need to file a counter-charge with the police department. Contact the store, and find out if they got the incident of surveillance. And get an attorney. The store employees can be supoeanaed to testify. And the attorney can get the man's personal information from the police, if you file your own suit. Not only that, but the attorney will be sure to dig up some "dirt" on the man, such as a past history of similar incidents. And I doubt your dog actually bit him at all-- rather, I think he had cut his jeans before even coming to the store. And I also agree that you should refrain from posting about this online from now on.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
PHOENIX

Post by PHOENIX »

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies, and for your concern.

I specifically did NOT mention the state in which this occured, nor the store name (at least I believe I censored those items before posting it here....)

While the store employee could not tell me whether or not there are cameras at the registers (that was the way I had phrased the question) she did let me know that he had checked the surveillance system shortly after this happened and it wasn't "caught" on surveillance.

From what we discussed, it sounds as though the cameras are concerned with the register drawers and anything else they capture is incidental/ accidental.

Either way, they didn't capture what took place on the floor.

I would still like to see the footage so I could observe this wide "berth" he said he gave my dog.

Legally, I cannot forewarn the store, the employees and/ or potential customers about this man without violating his rights and getting myself into a lot of trouble.

I haven't picked up a copy of the police report yet (was going to do that today, will have to get it tomorrow....) BUT I do have the guy's name and address.

Given the damage he did to my dog, I don't think that hole was in his pants when he put them on that morning.

I had told the officer about the man threatening to beat me "until he got what he wanted out of my pocket," how he threatened, several time, to take the "damn dog" out to the parking lot and break it's neck and how he threatened / promised to punch out the asssisstant manager with whom I had bee speaking.

I also told the officer I wanted the guy's name and address.... afterall, he had mine. I might also want it for other reasons (sue him for my dog's medical bills). I was told I could not have that information because HE was the victim.....

I told the police officer I wanted the guy to be photographed by a police officer.

Again I was told since that guy was the "victim" I had no right to demand anything from him.

Later that night I left a message for the police officer. Due to a health issue at the time, I do no know if he was able to hear the message.

I spoke to the employee that had been threatened by that guy.... telling him how brave he was that he didn't even blink/ flinch when the guy was in his face.

He calmly stated he would not put up with that type of behavior (being threatened - himself or others) and that is why he called the police.

I do not know if he also filed a police report.

What if, when I get the copy of the police report, it does NOT have the information about my dog having been injured?

Then what do I do?

Several people (here and in the real world) have suggested I speak to an attorney.....

What type/ specialty?

Besides, anything they do would have to be pro bono...

I thank you all for your time, suggestions and considerations.

Many thanx,

Phoenix
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

maybe talk with the local animal groups (shelters, rescues etc) they might know or have lawyers in their groups that might be able to guide.

I work in IT and have family in Law Enforcement so I am very aware how easy it is to tie someone to their on line activities. So be careful what you continue to say share if you feel your are about to become involved in any legal action. Just saying...
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Don't get mad at your self. It is the norm here to destress with a bottle of wine. Image
These are for you: Image Image
--dontpugme
josie1918

Post by josie1918 »

Sorta makes me wish I had some tar and feathers. :wink:
PHOENIX

Post by PHOENIX »

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions.

Isn't it a blip..... THAT guy did wrong and it is ME who has to worry about what I say!?!?!?!?!

Anywho, thank you for the flowers and the teddy bear.

My dog has a teddy bear with which he sometimes sleeps. (Too bad the pictures I took of him sleeping with it came out under exposed.)

A new wrinkle in things has developed......

While taking our second walk since Dr. approval the other night, my dog exhibited avoidant/ escape behavior when a pedestrian approached us from behind. The person was still 6 - 8' away.

My dog has NEVER been afraid of people.

We have been to crowded fairs, pet friendly stores, parks, etc., where he has been surrounded by people and has never had a problem...... until now.

When he exhibited this behavior at the vet's the other day, I just attributed it to the fact that his last appointment was painful and he didn't want to see the doctor again for fear of it hurting. I also attributed his being "squirelly" in the reception area to the confined space and the fact he was afraid the receptionist might step on him or accidentally roll her chair on him.

I know I need to address this ASAP before it becomes ingrained.

I certainly do not want him acting out of fear.

Though I don't care for the warmer weather, perhaps it is just what we need right now so I can do desensitization training with him, since people will be out and about after sundown (the time I prefer to go out).

On a brighter note, this morning's walk was physically better for my dog than the walk we took last night. :)

Many thanx,

Phoenix

Oh, I just wanted to tell everyone who posted pictures of their pups how great the pictures are. There are too many of you to respond individually, so I hope an all encompassing response will be ok.
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

OMG! I really hope that your little guy will be ok. That is aweful what happened to you and him. If your dog had bitten him and tore the tenden in his leg, he wouldn't be able to walk properly if at all. Especailly if it was in his upper thigh area and the hole in his pants being so small, sounds more like he snagged it on something and the fact there was no blood tells me that he is full of you know what. I just don't see how your dog could have injured him in that way and have any bleeding with such a serious injury. He may have injured himself previously and was not able to get monies for it so he's trying something else.

I really hope that your little guy recovers quickly and has no lasting issues. Take care of yourself and him and keep us posted on his progress
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

This is just unbelievable. By the sound if it, it was premeditated. Given he tried to start something in the store previously and how he kept going on and on about what he thought was a muzzle on your dog. I bet he saw the head-halter and thought it was a muzzle which meant to him that your dog is the aggressive type. My first thought was I hope they got it on camera, but it's unfortunate they did not. I sure hope this man doesn't have any animals (or children!) himself or else who knows how their life is. I am so sorry for your dog being injured in such a way. It really sucks that there are people who could care less that a dog can no longer fully support itself due to their selfish "needs". I hope you both heal quickly!
dodge-white boxer

Post by dodge-white boxer »

I doubt that your dog even bit him,staying with the staff and not aggressing at anybody even after he was hurt by that sadistic A*******!!! What a B*****!!! He probably thought he was "safe" stepping or kicking or whatever he was doing to your poor baby,if he thought that he was wearing a muzzle.What a shame that it was not caught on camera, hope there wont be future problems for him,what an awefull experience!!! Lots of doggie licks for you from Dodge,xxxxxxxxxx
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

PHOENIX wrote:
Isn't it a blip..... THAT guy did wrong and it is ME who has to worry about what I say!?!?!?!?!
Yep it sucks, but until you get official legal advice it's best to error on the side of caution.

for now, just do like mattie suggests, try and destress and focus on helping your dog.
mustlovdoggs

Post by mustlovdoggs »

I hate that, that happen to you and your dog. How is he doing? It has been a week from your frist post.
Did the as_hole even buy anything in the store? I bet he didn't. He was just there to do something like this so he could sue. I hate people like this. Its all about money. :evil:
Do you live in US? We do have the freedom of speech here. There has to be a way to stop this guy. If it was me, I'd make it my lifes work to get this guy some how.
Keep us up to date on your dog. I'm sending hugs your way.
I wished I was the person my dogs thinks I am.