Viewer Feedback on It's Me or the Dog

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BoardHost
Site Admin

Viewer Feedback on It's Me or the Dog

Post by BoardHost »

The new season of It's Me or the Dog continues this Saturday at 8pm EST on Animal Planet in the US, and we'd love your feedback on what you think of the shows so far this year.

Check out the Animal Planet fansite for the show here: http://bit.ly/bvizYd

and

Let us know how you like the shows so far and what you'd like to see in upcoming shows by filling in the viewer feedback form here: http://bit.ly/d1Khwl
BoardHost
Pol

Re: Viewer Feedback on It's Me or the Dog

Post by Pol »

I'm loving the episodes so far :)
I really love Victoria's treatment/interaction with the dogs. It sounds funny but sometimes when she suggests things and explains them you sometimes think 'of course'.. how sensible and logical her reasoning is...
I especially liked her statement, can't remember whether it was last weeks episode or a different one, but, the one in which she said to the owner that she wasn't so much there to train their dog as much as she was to train them...it's so true.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

I love that - I filled out the feedback form and asked for an episode dealing with puppy developmental stages, namely the fear stages and adolescence. It seems those two periods in particular are when most people misunderstand their dogs and mislabel them as dominant or aggressive.
pmcrae71

Post by pmcrae71 »

I would like to see something on toy aggression. My Oz is very aggressive when he has toys, especially ones that make noise and balls of any kind. He'll hide under the table and grawl and try to bite anyone or anything that comes near him and takes Connors toys and hides them too.

I have tried several of the training such as the barking at the door with the matt training. So far so good. Just having trouble with Ozzy wanting to jump on everyone after I release them. He still jumps up after they have turned around to ignore him. And Connor is getting much better at the ankle nipping when people come over he doesn't know. There is one boy that my daughter is friends with that he just does not like. No matter what I've tried, Connor still wants to bite his ankles. We've tried the treats while saying 'friend'. He's given treats when he's walked in (not looking at Connor or talking to him, just tossing treats) and we've tried removing him from the room and nothing seems to be working with this poor boy. He's the only one that this is not working with.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I think a cool episode would be one that emphasized dogs with disabilities...like a blind or deaf dog.

Another cool episode that would probably never happen would be a combination of It's Me or the Dog and Supernanny. Naughty dogs, naughty children, and naughty parents. I think I'm imagining too much, though. :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I have quite a few ideas of what I would like to see Victoria do with her show and here are a couple: 1) Victoria to meet up with Shorty Ross of Animal Planet's "Pit Boss" and do a television special, because it seems there are a lot of "Boneheads" out there that aren't getting the messages; 2) I would like to see something about rescue dogs and special-needs dogs(like training, etc). Now remember, these are a couple of ideas I have right from the top of my head so there may be more coming!
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Id love to see Victoria work with Jo Frost from supernanny! The methods are incredibly similar, but also its such a common problem, children misbehaving, dogs misbehaving, parents with not a clue what to do...
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

emmabeth wrote:Id love to see Victoria work with Jo Frost from supernanny! The methods are incredibly similar, but also its such a common problem, children misbehaving, dogs misbehaving, parents with not a clue what to do...
Plus, it wouldn't be hard to format an episode since they are just about exactly the same.
--dontpugme
LuckyChance

Post by LuckyChance »

Wow! The things I've learned just watching this show! I love learning her techniques and perspective from the dog's viewpoint. We aren't taught to speak canine - it's great to get the common-sense tips and tricks that she applies.

I hope she realizes just how great she is - her helping people and sometimes being the last resort to people who are about to give up their pets is just amazing to me. What frustrates me is when people don't follow what she says and it confuses the dogs. One thing I've learned is that consistency is key (this goes with raising kids too!).

My dogs ARE my family and I'm happy to have wonderful, well behaved dogs and not need her services, but I sure enjoy watching the show.

I would like to see episodes on how to deal with barking dogs when living in an apartment setting. My daughter is facing this now with her puppy. Training takes time and other tenants aren't as patient! Tips for this would be very welcomed.

Keep up the great work!
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

pmcrae71 wrote:No matter what I've tried, Connor still wants to bite his ankles. We've tried the treats while saying 'friend'. He's given treats when he's walked in (not looking at Connor or talking to him, just tossing treats) and we've tried removing him from the room and nothing seems to be working with this poor boy. He's the only one that this is not working with.
It sounds like you are working very diligently to correct this behavior, and kudos to you for working through a very difficult situation. I agree that Ozzy's behavior sounds a bit over the top, but if this dog you trust has singled this boy out for some reason, maybe you might keep an eye on the guest as well as your dog? Ozzy may know something you don't.

Skye and the white collies.
Dixies momma

Post by Dixies momma »

i have enjoyed every episode my dvr can record. there was an episode that hat multiple dogs and one being an older one that was going blind. it was neat to see how simple things victoria did made it a little easier for the dog to get around.
and i agree it would be nice to see her and shorty from pit boss do some shows together. it def would help get the message across that they arent what they are portrayed to be by negative media..would love to see more shows and since watching i have learned alot and understand more now than i ever have about dogs.many thanks to victoria....
Jake n Dixies momma
animated153

Post by animated153 »

I live in the UK so I only get the american episodes on Sky 3 but I don't think they aqre quite up to date. I've seen all of Victorias UK episodes and I love it! It has really helped me with my dog who is an English Springer Spaniel. He is 9 years old but still as energetic as ever and I take him out every day and upped his level of exercise and noticed a massive difference he used to escape from the garden in the most random of ways and run off down the fields but now he just feels content and doesn't bother going anywhere. Just getting him out everyday for at least 2 hours a day has really changed him. He has always been a great tempered dog and no problem with other dogs but now using victorias tips he has become even better!!!
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

[quote="emmabeth"]Id love to see Victoria work with Jo Frost from supernanny! The methods are incredibly similar, but also its such a common problem, children misbehaving, dogs misbehaving, parents with not a clue what to do...[/quote]
oh my gosh!!! ya!!! another genius idea!!!!! there could be an episode where theres bad children and dogs in the family and the family calls on victoria stilwell and jo frost 4 help!!! thatd be cool!!!
springchowie11

Post by springchowie11 »

I have only watched 2 so far. But I have found them typically amazing.
springchowie11