Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Carol F. King

Re: Avatars / HELP

Post by Carol F. King »

I do not know how to make a picture in my pictures file on my computer smaller so it will fit for my Avatar. :mrgreen: I am very new to this type of Board.

Carol F. King
I would like to use this as my Avatar.
I would like to use this as my Avatar.
Carol and Cammie.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 19480 times
***Melissa***

Re: Avatars and editing posts...

Post by ***Melissa*** »

It's a lovely piccie :D

The programme I have on my computer that opens pictures have an option to resize. And then I can either type in a size or choose "internet style".
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Carol F. King

Post by Carol F. King »

I love the quote at the bottom of your post.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

I'm pretty dog savvy so don't take the dogs to the Vet real often. My Vet and I are dear friends I've been taking my animals to him for 17+ years. When something is so wrong I have to take the dogs to the Vet I'm a stressed out mess. I tell my Vet bring the dogs to him is cheaper than pay for a visit to the Psychiatrist :lol:

Carol F. King
Carol F. King

Post by Carol F. King »

How do I send a post to one of the Moderators? I resized my picture until it met what looked like the standors set and now it is tiny. I would like some individual help from a Moderator. :oops:

Carol F. King
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Moderator at your service.....

If you look at other peoples avatars.... the size allowed IS pretty tiny so I would recommend you crop that photo until you have just the bit you NEED... and then resize it to fit.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I'm not really great with computers, but if you want you can email your picture to me, and I'll resize it for you. I'll email it back, and you can put it up.

I'll pm my email address to you
Carol F. King

Post by Carol F. King »

Hello Emmabeth,

Yes, the Avatar pictures are small, when I did mine, it fit in a small corner of other people's Avatar's. :shock:

I'm taking Melissa's offer of help. I have allot to learn about editing pictures. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly Emmabeth. I did not know how to reach a Moderator. I am on a number of E-mail list, this is the first Board list I've been on.

Carol F. King
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

I am trying to put an avatar on, and my friend has resized it for me but its still not working! I have tried putting a link on from Photobucket but still cant get it on here. Can anyone help????
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Email it to me Ladybug - think the 'email' link in my profile should work, or, pm me and give me the link to where it is hosted :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
shining

Post by shining »

Yeah, I can edit my favorite picture ,but this image size, pixels are a problem
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

shining wrote:Yeah, I can edit my favorite picture ,but this image size, pixels are a problem
PM it to emmabeth and she'll help you :D
--dontpugme
DawnStorm

Post by DawnStorm »

I'm not seeing any link for avatars. :(
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

DawnStorm wrote:I'm not seeing any link for avatars. :(
Do you mean emmabeth's email link?
--dontpugme
MiaRose100907

Post by MiaRose100907 »

Okay, so I am going to be the one who asks a dumb question...
I really wish to have a pic of my pooches on my profile, but I cannot seem to figure out how to place it as my avatar? I go into 'edit my avatar', and it has a blank spot where the picture will show, but I am not able to upload a pic anywhere. Do I HAVE to post a URL or can I upload a pic straight from my comp?
When I go to post a URL (as in link it to my facebook which is where most of my pics are), it won't work. The picture is too large.
If I find a pic on my comp and resize it to the dimensions it requires, I can't seem to figure out how to link it to where I can upload it, since there is only one spot and it wants a URL.

Also, I assume if I had a photo gallery on here, I could pick a pic from there and place it as my avatar, but it won't let me make a photo gallery. It says I do not have permission to do it.

So, I am a little confused.

Thanks for any and all advice :?
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I uploaded my avatar directly from my computer. It took me so many attemps to get the picture small enough. As for the forum photo albums, nobody has ever really used them. Im not exactly sure what they're for, but they were added when Victoria's website became positively and the forum got renovated. I think emmabeth can tell you more.
--dontpugme