My dog

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Beetlejuice

My dog

Post by Beetlejuice »

hi,

I adopted a little dog 2 month ago and i still can't define his race (breed ?).

Now he is 8 month old,his weight was 25 Kg one month ago . Here is some pictures . What do you thing of him ?

The last owner said me " the mother is rottweiller x Boxer ", but my ' animals doctor ' (sorry i don't know the good word) say me " it's more labrador x American staff "

The father is unknow .

Thanks

Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Hi, welcome. :) I'm not an expert, but I definitely see lab in there. Your veterinarian (or "vet" for short) may be correct in identifying some staffy as well.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

I think part staffie or pit bull b/c of the large flat head.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I see half staffie or pit bull, possibly a dash of labrador or even spaniel giving the large ears.

Did you see the mother? Rottweiller x boxer would be black and tan because this colour is dominant over the boxer fawn or brindle. Black and white suggests a mainly black dog as one parent. The white is distributed in a typical staffie manner. Short coat is dominant over all other coats.

He looks lovely! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Thanks for your fast answer :)

@Nettle : No i never saw the mother and i'm not sure of that the last owner said ...

They said this dog is educated, he is "clean" (pee and poo) .. but when i got him : Pee and poo in the house, he couldn't stay alone at home 5mn, he was eating like pacman in 2mn, he was thin and his moustache are cut ...
Also he was very affraid by all, he eated with the tail between the legs.

Now he is a very lovely dog, just a little full of energy, but it's a young baby :D

All that for say: I thing this dog was maltreated and they wanted to "eject" him of their life :?

So i'm sure of anything about it !

Have a good day :D
Honeymoonbeam

Post by Honeymoonbeam »

Definitely has a staffie look to me (or maybe pit bull if you have them in France). Some people will say anything to get rid on an unwanted dog so I wouldn't take any notice of what the previous "owner" told you.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I can't see any Staffy in this dog, I can see Lab in him.

He is gorgeous, I could just kidnap him. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

@Honneymoonbeam : Yes we've Pittbull in france, but like for all "strong" dogs, regulation, muzzle, recording with the town hall, sterilization…

@Mattie : No no no !! it's mine lol ! :P
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

You have to muzzle, sterilize, and register your dog with the town hall?? Holy rusted metal...
Honeymoonbeam

Post by Honeymoonbeam »

In Spain and the UK pitbulls have to be neutered, registered and muzzled in public.
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Wow... They're all over the place here. Unfortunately the reason behind a lot of that is because I live in the south and dog fighting is somewhat common.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

I just created a topic about dangerous dogs and law here

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/phpBB2/ ... 1044#31044

This can serve people who pass hollydays in other country with their dogs 8)
I do my best for write in a good english, sorry if it's hard to read lol ! :d
keyguard123

Post by keyguard123 »

Hi all.
New for the site. I have Shefard doggy and its name is Tiger. Thank you to moderator for allowing me to be here. Hope for interesting chats and discussions.
acai berry
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Beetlejuice,

I know he's Black Lab, but I'm guessing that he may have a little Border Collie and Blue Healer in him, too! Looks like you've got yourself a "Black and Blue dog!" :lol:

It really doesn't matter what breed he is, he is a gorgeous dog! Like Mattie, I would love to "kidnap" him, too! :D