Funny Stories of Your Pets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

Post by Leigha »

Ibuprofen is Motrin--an anti-inflammatory medication.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

How did your dog get hold of it? You should put it in a safe place. Not trying to be mean or anything, of course. It is definitely hard to doggy-proof your house. I mean, who knows what your dog is interested in. Shoes, medication, pins, clothes, etc. Such as our puppy, for example. You just absolutely cannot drop clothes on the ground. If you do, then he will run over, pick it up, and run away from you. Good think he knows "drop it" and "leave it," but sometimes he is just too quick for us to give him the command.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

We're not sure where she finds all this stuff. From our view, the floor is dog-proof. She went to the vet for that one, but she was fine with the push-pin and Jack o' Lantern incident. It was a craved pumpkin on our porch, and she ate around the edges and some of the meat.

I don't have a funny story about Cocoa yet. We haven't owed her long enough.

Merle's funny story is when we go to my cousin's. They have a giant grassy yard. She runs with their overweight, uh...however you spell the correct name for weenie-dog, Daisy. This chi is crazy when she gets started. She loves to run.
Last edited by Kristen on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chessie: fawn 9-year-old Chi
Merle: wolf sable 6-year-old Chi
Nova: long-haired Red 3-year-old Chi
Cocoa: chocolate 3-year-old Chi
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

weenie dog = dachshund or doxie :)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Thanks. I knew how to say it, but I had no idea how to spell it.

And DogzRule, she got the pill because someone dropped it and didn't pick it up.
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

wvvdiup1 wrote:That is so funny, Nettle! :lol:

A good question came to my mind when I read RobbnAtlanta's post about her dog's reaction when her partner farted. That question is: How many of you out there have, let's face it we all do it, farted and your dogs look at you with that look "I didn't do it!" expression? :?: :oops:
When we're sitting on the couch and Murphy farts audibly, he'll whip his head around and look at his butt like, "What was that?!"

And he'll also whip around like that when my partner or I fart audibly and look at us like, "How rude." Hahaha!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Oh well! Sometimes you have to ask "Who pulled the trigger?" :oops:

I've noticed something else strange, Noobs. When one of my dogs fart, the other has to go stiff the other's butt! I know this sounds disgusting, but I have to tell the "butt sniffer" "That ain't flowers your sniffing!" :roll:

Why do dogs do disgusting things?

wvvdiup1
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I guess its just a new smell to the dogs, but not to us. Dogs like stinky stuff :roll:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Is there a thread called 'weirdest thing(s) your dog has rolled in'? There should be. I'd have a few stories to tell, then.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Weirdest thing? I think that might go under funny things, though it depends on what he rolled in, of course.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Oh well! Sometimes you have to ask "Who pulled the trigger?" :oops:

I've noticed something else strange, Noobs. When one of my dogs fart, the other has to go stiff the other's butt! I know this sounds disgusting, but I have to tell the "butt sniffer" "That ain't flowers your sniffing!" :roll:

Why do dogs do disgusting things?

wvvdiup1
Someone once told me his dog loves to roll around in deer poop and "why are dogs so gross and dirty?" and I said, "To us it's gross, to them it's a party!" :lol:
maximoo

go to bed

Post by maximoo »

Max is becoming a creature of habit. One night last week I brought him to my bdrm to go 'night-night' he sleeps under the bed. Anyway, I was still up but laying in bed, on the net, watching tv, light on. About 10 mts later Max crawls out, and barks at me. I couldn't imagine why. :?: I then thought maybe he wants me to go to bed. :? So I turned everything off and went to bed, and wouldn't you know he went back under. So he did want me to go to bed! I guess he thought if I have to go night-night so do you Mom :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Your dog too, Maximoo? My Akita will sit there and watch me until I'm snuggled in my bed. I think she's waiting for me to go to sleep so I won't notice her trying to get into bed with me. That only works until she hears me say "Oh no you don't!"

wvvdiup1
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Before I let my garden go to the weeds, I used to bask outside in the sun, on a cot before coming inside to sleep for the day. Annie enjoyed being out there with me, to the point that some mornings, she would go out and stare at me through the patio glass, as if to ask, "Are you coming?"

Then when it got too cold to bask outside, I would retire to my dark bedroom first thing after coming home from the night shift. On the mornings when I got on the computer instead, Annie would come out of the bedroom, give a little bark, then turn back to the bedroom like she wanted me to follow her.

Isn't it funny how a simple thing like sleeping becomes a major social ritual for dogs?
MaiasMom

Kai has a new thing

Post by MaiasMom »

Kai, my 3 year old Standard Schnauzer I call my clowny boy has a new thing, I now call him Clepto puppy. Every time we go to the off leash park he carts home some ball he found. Most of the time it's a tennis ball but last week he found this old nasty basket ball that I could not get him to put down. Our off leash part is 26 ac. Water to swim, fields to "hunt" he found this thing a long way from the gate to the parking lot, could not get him to give it up. He gets in the van with it, at home picks it up, gets out of the van, comes in the house and stuffs it under my bed. So I go after it and find at least 15 things he has stuffed under the bed. All his treasures.

He has a favorite "tuggy" you know that twisted rope thing you can buy at the pet store. He drags that thing out in the morning and puts it back at bed time. The other 2 look at him like "whatever man". I just hope he never finds something dead he wants to bring home.
The best days are spent with my dogs.