Funny Stories of Your Pets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Post by Fundog »

" I just hope he never finds something dead he wants to bring home."

:lol: Actually, Annie did find something dead she insisted on bringing home once! She was just a puppy. On a walk, she climbed almost all the way inside a large desert shrub growing against a fence. When she came out, she had a dry, leathery rabbit skin in her mouth-- basically, it was so old the rabbit had decomposed all gone, and only the skin remained. I tried to get her to drop it, but nothing doing. She was sooo proud of herself, she insisted on carrying that nasty thing all the way home. But no way did we let her bring it in the house! I finally got her to leave it outside and I threw it away when she wasn't looking.

This story isn't so funny as it is cute: I bought the girls a bag of cow ears to chew on, and gave them each one today. After chewing for awhile, Dottie took hers outside and buried it in the sandbox. Annie kept hers out and available. Later this afternoon, Mr. Fundog told me that Annie was chewing her cow ear, then at some point she got tired of it, and got up and walked away from it. Dottie then swooped over, picked it up, and took it to where Annie was and dropped the cow ear in front of her, as if to say, "You forgot your cow ear. Here you go!" Way too cute. Usually Dottie swipes anything Annie walks away from for herself.

Also, the other day I took the girls up on the mountain to go rock hunting while they ran around. They picked up some little burrs. Even after intense brushing, they both still had several in their coats. Later that evening, both dogs were on the bed watching Mr. Fundog eat something. Dottie had her tail in the air, and Annie noticed a burr in her tail feathers. So Annie carefully leaned forward to gently pull the burr out of Dottie's tail. Is that sweet or what? :D
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

We are off the the off leash park tomorrow, lets see what he drags home.
The best days are spent with my dogs.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Do you know what my dog drags home? ME! :lol:

Ohhh, my aching....! I know I'm not that old -well you know the saying "When a woman gets past 29, she's allowed to lie about her age!"- so, I'm 29+ but right now, I feel as though I'm 90! :D

wvvdiup1
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Sometimes dogs do the weirdest things. Buddy has got a strange habit of jumping when you do. I decided to teach him to dance, so I started to jump. You know, the hop move for dancing, and he hopped too. I think now I'll nickname him Bunny and teach him the "Bunny-hop"! :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Hey Dogzrule, there was a clip on "America's Funniest Videos" where the parents were video taping. The dog was in front of the camera, close up, and the children in the background were doing the "bunny hop" dance. When the dog noticed, he got up, ran to the end of the line, and joined them, including putting his front paws on the end child's waist, and hopping on his hind feet after them! It was pretty cute.
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Haha I saw that one that dog was cute! The dog REALLY should join dancing! :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I saw that episode, too, and I laughed my behind off! :lol:

wvvdiup1
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

So recently I bought Cadence a furry toy that had no stuffing in it (called GoDog RoadKill).. she's been dragging it around everywhere and LOVES it. I'm assuming she must think it is a real squirrel because she starts plucking the fur off the toy like animals do in the wild before they start to eat the animal!!! I came home to find clumps of brown fur in her crate today and at first thought it was from her but then felt the coarse texture.

Sometimes you forget about all the natural instincts dogs have when they become "part of the family" :)

Guess I gotta go shave the toy down! lol
:lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

My puppy (just turned a year old) got bitten by a fox last week. It was in the dark so I didn't see exactly what happened. As we don't have rabies here, it's no big deal.

The same day I saw a very nice toy fox, so in a moment of indulgence I bought it. I walked through the door with this toy fox in my hand, puppy ran to greet me, took it still atttached to its card, and has played and played with it ever since. :D It is her very favourite toy.

She kills it a LOT. I think Brer Fox better watch it next time :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I wonder if your puppy knew it was a fox that bit her. Did it bite her hard? Was she ok? Were you ok?
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Not a bad bite but must have hurt, and being a puppy, it's the first time she had ever been bitten by anything.

She is fine and so am I :D thank you very much for asking.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

As I have said before (in methods section), we are babysitting (in this case, puppysitting), and that puppy is cute as a button! What's funny is that every time I throw the tennis ball for her, she will race after it, her tail tucked to her side, and when she gets to the ball, she will miss it by about a foot, do a cartwheel (head first into the ground), and pick up the ball after the cartwheel. It doesn't hurt her. I think that's just her way of retrieving a ball. I would have thought she went to Woga! (gymnast school) :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

My crazy boy Max was the funniest thing at the dogpark Everybody was cracking up!
He was on the bench trying to get some love from some people. He likes to jump up on the bench and get loved on by strangers. Anyway, their dog (tall black lab) was standing right there in front of the bench nipping Max in an attempt to play with him. All of a sudden Max leaped onto her back (all 4s) then jumped off into a sprint. Its like he used her as a stepping rather a jumping stone. :shock: All the humans looked at each other & said "did you see that?" It was hilarious! Wish I had it on tape!
Emmy'sMama

Post by Emmy'sMama »

My little Emma is pretty smart and I'm pretty sure she can understand at least half of the English words I use--or at least, she picks up on my body language. I often take her places in the car. She can always tell when she's about to go with me (she can always tell when she's not going, for that matter). One tip-off, of course, is that I put her seat belt harness on instead of her walking harness. She loves car rides, and always pulls me towards the car. Then, I always say, "we have to go potty first." So she runs to the woods and urinates and then tries to run back towards the care. However, if it is morning or around noon, I know that she also has to do number 2, so I'll say, "wait, we have to do your other potty." At this, she runs to the spot where she usually does her "other potty." When she is done, she runs back to the car and waits for me to open the door.

She also loves treats in her Kong, and I can always get her to fetch it for me by asking "where's your baby Kong?" while pretending that I'm looking for it (even if I see it right there on the floor in front of me). She eagerly will look for it or pick it up it is right in front of us, then drops it right in front of me.

Finally, I don't know if any of you have ever experienced this, but I'm pretty sure that she has twice done what I like to call a "revenge pee." For example, most recently, I was up at my parent's house because my sister was getting married. My parents don't have a fence, so Emma had to stay in a large attic (where my husband and I were staying/sleeping for the weekend) room for several hours while the rest of the family was at the wedding. That morning, my husband took her out to do her business, then left her in the attic room with water, her Kong, a couple of bones, and a pee pad (just in case she couldn't hold her bladder). When we came home that evening, I was delighted to find that the room seemed to be in great order...until we were about to get into bed and found that Emma had urinated on the bed. Now, Emma knows better than to urinate on a bed. It would have been much more natural for her to urinate on the pad, or at least on another area of the floor. So, I'm pretty sure that she had urinated on "our" bed to show us that she wasn't happy with being left by herself for so long. (My family's dog, Gyulia (a Kuvasz) who is now dead, once did the same thing. We had made up the guest bed in the guest bedroom when she jumped on it. My dad commanded her to get off. Later, we found her in that room and she was shooed out. That evening, our guest came to us and said, "I think the dog peed on the bed." Well, this dog definitely NEVER had urinated on the bed before. So I'm pretty sure that she also urinated on the bed to show her displeasure with being told to get off it.)
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Dogs dont 'do' revenge peeing.. they do 'peeing where there are strong smells to associate myself with that smell because I am anxious/nervous/unsettled'....

Thats likely the reason in the first case, peeing in the bed that smells of mom and dad after being left in a strange place.

Second case, same reason but slightly different - dog finds that particular room and place new/odd/strange because its been changed about, because hes been yelled at in there... marks on the bed to make it more secure, more like he does still belong there.

Nothing to do with revenge though and thinking it is tends to cloud the issue and stop us seeing whats really going on.

In the two cases you describe, thats not a problem because they wer eboth one offs, but where it happens daily because a dog is anxious... but the owner thinks the dog is being spiteful.... it really does cause a huge problem!