Funny Stories of Your Pets

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

melhos123

Post by melhos123 »

My Greyhound Finn is a BIG boy. A 90 pound greyhound that stands only a few (maybe 2) inches shorter than his Great Dane friends at the dog park.

Anyway I live downtown where's there are lots of people and things to see, and Finn really LOVEs kids. I don't know when he's been around them, but he lights up every time we see one. Now, to a two year old, a giant dog wiggling and waggling up towards you can be really scary. He never approaches without permission, but sometimes even if the kids want to pet him they freak out at the last minute. If that happens, he gets this really sad look and looks at me like, "What did I do? Can I go cheer him/her up?"

I have to say though, the best (and naughtiest) thing he ever did was grab a pink feather boa off of some college girl who was out on a bar crawl. She was too drunk to notice, but he was just as proud as can be and didn't understand why I had to go give it back to her. :twisted:
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Sometimes I think Murphy understands English.

Murphy loves the dog park and playing with the other dogs and chasing them around. Basically whenever we're at the dog park I never bother with any obedience commands (least of all recall). The only ones I ever use are "thank you" (if he barks at a stranger standing outside the gate - that commands makes him stop paying attention to the person) and "off" (when he's getting too rowdy).

Well, one day is was quite warm out so he and one of his new dog friends lay around under a tree after just a few minutes of chasing each other. I let them lay around for quite a while, the other dog rolled over and showed him her belly and they licked each other's faces which I thought was really sweet. Eventually I called to him across the park, saying "Murphy, are you guys going to play anymore or what?" He looked at me but just stayed where he was, content to lie next to his friend. Then I stood with hands on hips said, "If you're not going to play, we're just going to go." He got up, trotted right over to me, and then walked toward the gate!

Ever since that day, I've taken him out of the park by saying "Are you ready to go?" and he'd come trotting over, let me put his leash on, and then walk toward the gate. Of course, I don't do this unless he looks like he's ready - no sense in ruining the phrase by saying it when he's in the middle of a chase game!

Another example. Our morning routine is usually me getting up and taking Murphy out for his morning walk. Sometimes, though, if we're going to sleep in, he comes to our bed and we invite him to crawl in with us and he'll lay down and sleep some more. I eventually get up before my partner and if she has to get up too, Murphy gives her kisses on her face to help her along. One morning he got off the bed without giving her kisses and she playfully said, "Oh no, you didn't wake mommy up. Look, I fell back asleep." And she closed her eyes and put her head down. He jumped back up and gave her kisses on her face and jumped back down. It may have been one of the cutest things he's ever done. :D
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Today, my neighbors and I took our dogs on one of our walks and decided this afternoon to walk along the easier trails that run along side of the creek. Since it was hot, we left the dogs swim and play around the creek as we kept supervision.

My Akita went upstream a little way but still in view and kept sticking her head underwater and coming up with something in her mouth. While she was doing this, my one neighbor was talking about going fishing and the fish he has caught. Well, a few minutes or so later, we saw her coming up to us with something in her mouth, and by her body language, she was very happy about it.

She came up to my neighbor who was talking about fishing and dropped a fourteen-inch rainbow trout in his lap! :lol: That wasn't the end of it! She went back upstream and about 15 or 20 minutes came back with an eight-inch catfish and dropped this one in his lap, too! :lol: Then, she goes back upstream.

We continued talking and playing with the other dogs in the water and she continued her little fishing expedition. Sometime a while later, we heard this commotion and she was out of the water, spinning as if she was chasing her tail and flipping her head as if she was, pardon the expression, doggone nuts! She kept spinning and flipping her head as we were coming towards her and you're not going to believe what the commotion was all about. She had a crayfish hanging by its pinchers on her nose and a little snapping turtle on her tail! :shock:

It took us a little bit of time to hold her while removing the snapping turtle off her tail and the crayfish off her nose, but we managed to remove them without causing anymore harm or injury to her. Her nose and tail are going to hurt for a little while, but she is all right. Needless to say, she isn't going to do any fishing for a while! :D

wvvdiup1
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I hope you're not starting a new exercise routine, Maximoo! :lol:

Unfortunately, my Akita doesn't want to go near the creek now. I don't blame her because of what she's been through earlier today. However, I've noticed something else happening here: she doesn't want anything to do with turtles!

We went on another walk this evening and this boxer turtle was crossing the road. My Akita ran behind my neighbor, who was walking her at the time, and whimpered! So, I went forward and picked up the turtle, but I had to con her with a treat to come to me while I hold the turtle. When she came to me, I gave her the treat and showed her the turtle wasn't going to hurt her. She sniffed it and seems okay now, however, I won't know for sure until we see another turtle. Now it's getting her to the creek that's going to be the test. I'll find out tomorrow. :roll:

wvvdiup1
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

My dogs often play tag together. They would run around in the backyard and chase each other. The "it" dog chases the other dog and tries to grab its tail. If it does, they switch turns. Its really fun to watch. I would call break somewhere in the middle and they would come running and drink from their bowls.
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

My one brother, two cousins, and myself took the dogs for their walk, but since it was hot, we took them down to the creek. I thought my Akita wouldn't go into the creek because of what happened the other day. Well, she proved me wrong! :shock:

She caught a five-inch fish and one small fish, about an inch long. She lost the bigger fish (it flopped itself back into the creek) but she brought the little fish over to us, happy as ever she caught a fish, and dropped it down my one cousin's shirt! :lol:

And you thought boys were the only ones who put things, especially frogs, down girls shirts! :lol:

wvvdiup1
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

What a useful dog - sense of humour too :lol:

Does a dog need a licence to fish? No rod after all!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Yeah, I was going to ask: so did you take those fish home for dinner? What a useful dog! On another forum I visit, that's what the other users call a "meat dog"-- cause she actually puts meat on the table! You know, a dog like that could actually make the difference between starvation and survival, in hard times.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Nettle, the great news is that no fishing license is required by the Fish and Game Commission of Pennsylvania! That ought to save me a little bit of money! :D

And Fundog, the fish she caught a few days ago were delicious! The little fish she dropped down my cousin's shirt, well, we had to put it back in the creek. Too little anyhow unless you like anchovies! :lol:

wvvdiup1
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

During the 1980s times were hard for me and I had a dog that regularly put meat on the table which made all the difference to our lives.

Remembered with love, my dear Saxon.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I remembered the 1980s (gee, I feel old) too, Nettle, and having dogs that did what my two dogs do now. It helped then and it helps now to have dogs like these to help in surviving the tough times. :!:

I can't wait for hunting season! :!:

wvvdiup1
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

My friend's dog always humps. He humps almost everyone. Once, we were at the dog park, and he just started humping her. She went all red and was like GET OFF MAX! All attention was on her and her dog was still humping. :oops:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

We were a tthe dog park today when Max came across a freshly tossed cig butt. I cld literally strangle anyone who throws butts on the ground, especially dog owners. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I told him "No, leave it" and he did. He ate a cig butt when he was a young pup--it must've left an unpleasant impression. :twisted: Anyway Max decided he wanted to squish the butt into the grass. (maybe it was still lit or hot--not sure) So he laid on it, rolled over onto his back and wiggled around in an attempt to rid the dog park of it. He did it like 3x! It was hilarious! I said "look he's trying to squish it into the ground!" That's when the person who had thrown it suddenly popped up and picked it up. I didn't know it was lady sitting right next to me. She was embarrassed!(GOOD!)

I'm so proud of my boy. Now I think he he part Dalmation (fire dog!) :wink: :D
RobbnAtlanta

2 things

Post by RobbnAtlanta »

My partner and I were playing with Bambam one evening and he was about 3 months old at this time, He ran up to my partner with the toy and then my partner farted quite loudly and Bambam looked puzzled for a moment, sniffed the air, then yelped at him and ran away!

I had Bambam on a walk and he found a smelly patch in the grass that he wanted to roll in, I suppose he didn't realize how much of an incline he was on and as soon as he rolled over he slid down the hill upside down just looking at me.

Ah, like someone else mentioned, the simple things