Keep your fingers crossed.

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Maggie

Keep your fingers crossed.

Post by Maggie »

Well guys I need you to keep your fingers crossed for me and Del boy.

Since Del was young Ive had an on off.. but more on that off... battle with him having the squitters.

Well Ive changed vets recently and have been with him this morning.
The fella was about my age... so only about 21 lol but he seemed to want to listen and not just tell me to give him this diet that diet or the other feckin diet.

I told him what tests he had done, what diets he had been on, what the tests, x-rays and scans came back with.

He listened to when he gets the runs, how long it lasts, what has worked for a while, what hasn't, and he concluded that Del has IBD aka Inflammatory Bowel Disorder. Not IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and its nothing to do with that, as he isn't soley stress related squitters.

He didn't try and feed me any bullcr@p about Hills ID this that or the other, and he didn't try and do tests we have already done.

He simply said this is what I think, this is what we will do. So I've got some metronidazol 1 weeks worth and I've got to go back next week to see what he says.

So I've been looking it up and this is what I have found.
Sorry if this is a bit long,

[i]WHAT IS INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE?

Inflammatory bowel disease refers to the condition that results when cells involved in inflammation and immune response are called into the lining of the GI tract. This infiltration thickens the bowel lining and interferes with absorption and motility (the ability of the bowel to contract and move food). With abnormal ability to contract and abnormal ability to absorb, the bowel’s function is disrupted. Chronic vomiting results if the infiltration is in the stomach or higher areas of the small intestine. A watery diarrhea with weight loss results if the infiltration is in the lower small intestine. A mucous diarrhea with fresh blood (colitis) results if the infiltration occurs in the large intestine. Of course, the entire tract from top to bottom may be involved. Many people confuse Inflammatory Bowel Disease with “Irritable Bowel Syndrome,â€