License

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Dreamerwolf

License

Post by Dreamerwolf »

I was wondering, where does one go to get a county dog license? I want to be able to take my pup to a dog park, but all the parks require a license. So I tired looking up where to get one, but I must be missing the answer somewhere. If someone specifically knows for NJ, that's be even better. :)
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/dreamerwolf/b75cb38331f2.jpg[/img]
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Here in FL dogs must wear a rabies tag to get into the parks? But guess what--there's no personnel to enforce it.! Rabies tags are issued by the vet and I think they enter the # into the county or humane society database or something. Anyway I would ask the vet where to go for license.
joji732

Post by joji732 »

I am from NJ. You usually get the license from the township where you live. If you want to send me a message with the town you live in, I will get you the information.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

As joji said, most dog licenses are not county licenses, but rather, city licenses. In the cities in my state, you just go up to the city office to get it. The rabies tags are issued by the vet's clinic, but they also give you a certificate in case the tag ever gets lost. The certificate is required to show proof of rabies vaccination in order to get the city license.
mspat

Post by mspat »

I live just over the bridge in Bucks County PA. It's a county license here for my 3. You would contact your township admin building and it should be the licensing and inspections department. Your township building is probably in the same complex as your police and fire department or close by.
My goal in life is to be as good as a person my dog already thinks I am. -author unknown
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

You can call your county offices and they will be able to tell you, just call the main number and go from there. Or call a local human society, they always know about these things.
The best days are spent with my dogs.