Expensive Doggie Treats? haha

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Kittylove5

Post by Kittylove5 »

Jasmine loves Strawberries and Ice.

I tried the Ice Technique and she was all over that Ice

The lady at Petsmart told me to try Bananas because most dogs prefer bananas so I'm going to see if she likes them.
Behind every good dog there is a great owner.
mspat

Post by mspat »

My girls love raw baby carrots, slices of apple and cherry or grape tomatoes. I did read that apple is ok, but the core, stem and seeds are not. It's so funny to watch them eat the tomatoes though, they roll and toss them in the air before they eat them.
I remember growing up my parents had a german shephard that used to carry on and drool for a piece of chocolate which my mom would give her. That was years ago, before we knew how dangerous chocolate was. Had to be at least 25 years ago. The dog didn't have any ill effects, but I think now it was because a. it was milk chocolate and b. a very small piece - small halloween size. Wouldn't dream of giving it my dogs today!
My goal in life is to be as good as a person my dog already thinks I am. -author unknown
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Many things can cause intestinal blockages besides corn cobs: rawhides, greenies, tennis balls, pig's ears etc... Usually a dog who has a problem of a blockage will not eat, drink, mat show signs of regurgitation (this is different from vomitting) and have similar symptoms as bloat. (though no distended stomach).
MaiasMom

I just found out that Gunner LOVES strawberries!

Post by MaiasMom »

My 3 love fruit of all kinds, watermelon,seedless of course, puts them in heaven. The treats they like the most cost me the least. They love raw carrots and the stalk ends of broccoli. Raspberries that I grow in my back yard are not safe from them. The love apples if they are really crunchy, raw squash is a real treat for them, skin and all. I use to grow strawberries in a planter made for this purpose on my deck. I would see the berries come on and start to rippen and then they were gone. I thought the squirrels were getting them until one day I was looking out my window and saw my mini schnauzer up there eating them. So much for MY strawberries.

I don't like raw hide treats, they fill up the belly and no nutricianal value so raw veggies or frozen veggies are given. I don't give anything that will swell in the gut, not ever. It's sort of funny to see orange speckled poo in the yard after a carrot.
The best days are spent with my dogs.