Fun Discussion - Dog Ownership

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

Don't I wish my 3 would let me sleep in. 6:30am comes and all three are on the bed, noses in my ears and eyes. If I don't respond, Maia will do her shoulder roll thing, where she puts her head and shoulder down and flops her back end down on me. If still don't respond she starts rolling on me. This might not be such a big deal if she were 20 pounds but she is 62 pounds. Next thing you know all 3 are "dancing" around and over me until I give up and get up. With them being 47, 62 and 72 pounds its a bit hard to ignore them. I think I am going to take their clock away.
The best days are spent with my dogs.
spydre

Post by spydre »

Yes, unfortanately, my husband has been on the receiving end of the 75 pound Dodger jumping on the bed to wake him up. Dodger has decided that one of his morning jobs is to wake everyone up - he'll go into the boys' rooms, lick their faces, and get up and lay down on their beds - and if they move, play. Well, I wasn't able to catch Dodger in time one morning, and he used that technique on hubby. Hubby let out a bloodcurdling scream as 75 pounds of doggie settled on his legs.
Dodger - 2 1/2 yo American Bulldog Mix
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd184/Spydre1/Dodger/DCP_0106.jpg[/img]
RIP Loth 10 year old Husky/Keeshond/Shar pei mix
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd184/Spydre1/Loth/DCP_0039.jpg[/img]
manda.sue

Post by manda.sue »

Buahahahahaha Spydre! I have to say, at least your hubby was lucky enough to have Dodger pounce on his legs! Bjorn tends to jump full force on bellies, though he's been known to miss and hurt some of the boys in my life. :oops:
IE: my dad, my brother, my friends, my husband.......... :lol:
Paul&Muttley

Post by Paul&Muttley »

80 lb Muttley has become quite skilled at jumping into bed with me, without landing on my legs or other places that might hurt. When I want to come to bed, I politely ask him to make room, and he will just get up, stretch, and move to his bed on the floor. Sometimes he will quickly return on his own accord, and other times he prefers to lay in his bed. Perhaps I toss and turn too much before I finally fall sound asleep. Then when I wake up, I often find that he has managed to hop back in without waking me. When he is in my way, I tell him to "move around" or "make room", and he will work his way closer to the edge or will circle around until he can find a new position that is comfortable.
I like it best when he snuggles next to me with his head at my neck, and my arm draped over him. But sometimes my arm goes to sleep and I have to change my position, and sometimes he dreams and I can feel him wiggle his legs and hear him make odd noises.

I wouldn't have it any other way... :D
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

The only time really my hubby ever lets out the bloodcurdling screams is if one of the mutleys jumps up on the bed while he is in it, and lands on his crown jewels :D
I find this hillariously funny, and he doesn't :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.s. Spydre... your AB x looks very mush like my Ethel :wink:
spydre

Post by spydre »

Last night and this morning, well, my hubby was definitely not happy with myself or Dodger.

I went to bed later than Bill last night, and after considering using the downstairs bathroom so the dog be upstairs yet, I convinced myself that Dodger would be fine in the hall with his chewie. WEll, he started out there, but then moved into bed with Bill in my spot, his paw cuddling Bill on top of the head. So it woke Bill up, and he's not happy with me about it.

This morning after I got up and took Dodger out, sat on the couch talking to my oldest, Dodger went back upstairs, I thought to wake up my youngest son. Well, then I heard Dodger directly overhead (my room). Uh-oh. I run upstairs just in time to call Dodger off the bed as my husband is saying,"Get him out of here and close the door!" Bill wasn't talking to me this morning, lol.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Tell him that Mr. Nettle is often awakened by being bashed over the head with a squeaky pheasant or a non-squeaky soft rabbit toy.

The upstairs dog (only one: the others sleep in the back porch) will have as long a lie-in as you want, but once you crank an eye open, she's up there on the bed with one of her toys.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Kittylove5

Post by Kittylove5 »

Dogs find the oddest places to sleep when it comes to cudling in my opinion. My mom's old dog liked to find herself curled up in betwen other's legs and it's not very pleasent. I think maybe it's a safe felling or something because she tends to walk underfoot as well..Not very safe to me. :shock:

My cat used to be my nighty cap when he was a kitten, he'd worm my head up by sleeping on it every night but now he's just too big for that so now he sleeps on my extra pillow beaide me. :lol:
Behind every good dog there is a great owner.
spydre

Post by spydre »

Loth used to have one of two sleeping positions in bed. Either on Bill's side of the bed, on the outside, curled up so he could sleep with his arm cuddling her (although if I wasn't in bed, that was my spot she'd be laying in, lol), or curled up right between my feet! She knew if she tried to lay down at Bill's feet he'd kick her off. She had been known to lay ON my feet was well.