To your family you are always stupid

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

To your family you are always stupid

Post by Nettle »

Saw my brother yesterday for the first time in a while.

He gave me lots of advice on how to train my puppy. 8)

He has never had a dog in his life, but he saw this man on television - what was his name now? And now he knows all about dog training too :D

LOL!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Paul&Muttley

Post by Paul&Muttley »

I have a friend who is a very opinionated, know-it-all, macho type, and he said that he could train Muttley in no time. He has seen Cesar Millan and thinks he is a great dog trainer. He would probably absolutely adore William Koehler.

He also recently bought a set of plans for running your car on water. I convinced him it could never work. But today he said he talked to someone else who has an invention that really works. Of course it uses secret scientific principles that are unknown to conventional scientists.

But I'm sure he would also reject positive based dog training as being sissified. It's probably a macho male thing. And don't get him started on politics or food! He knows what's wrong, and everybody else is stoopid, but he can't be bothered to take any action to improve things.
Noobs

Re: To your family you are always stupid

Post by Noobs »

Nettle wrote:Saw my brother yesterday for the first time in a while.

He gave me lots of advice on how to train my puppy. 8)

He has never had a dog in his life, but he saw this man on television - what was his name now? And now he knows all about dog training too :D

LOL!
Thanks for the laugh!! :lol:
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

A guy last year had just bought his 1st Dobermann puppy and was trying to tell me all about the breed, I've owned them for nearly 25yrs so theres not much I don't know :lol:

Bilclarie
Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

:lol: People are such funny creatures, aren't we? :lol:
Kittylove5

Post by Kittylove5 »

Oh my, that sounds like my brother.

Care to trade? :P
Emotions

Post by Emotions »

Lol thanks for the laugh
Everytime I go to a social event and they find out im a dog trainer, you can always guarantee some bloke who's mate has working gundogs will start to tell me how to train dogs!!!! and of course Mr Milan always comes up in the conversation.
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Ha ha ha!! Yep I get this at the moment from my mum. She wasn't for the first year or so of Ellie's life and the other day I was telling her about Ellie being in season, her response was 'oooooooh you need to be careful with that you know, you don't want her getting pregnant'!

Gosh thanks for that mum, that would never have occured to me :roll: BTW this is now Ellie's third season and I have just about scrapped my clearly very stoopid self through thus far.

Where would we be without them eh :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

ROFL.... oh dear...

My sister tried an almost identical line on me... BOY did she wish she hadnt, her ears were almost on FIRE afterwards!

(Mind you, she thinks everyones stupid, its not just me!)
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

None of them can be as bad as my mum....
She is the only person .. Other than Jesus... who is allways right :roll: