A very funny dog story

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

joji732

A very funny dog story

Post by joji732 »

Thought you all might get a good laugh out of this story about me and my dog.

Rusty is my 2 1/2 year old Jack Russell mix. He's a great dog and very bright - perhaps too bright for his own (or my) good.

I'm renting a house right now, but we will be moving into our own home at the end of the month. In the meantime, my landlord is preparing to have major renovations done, so people are in and out of the house with some frequency. Yesterday, they were going to be coming down when I couldn't be home, and it wasn't a situation where I could take the dog with me. We decided I would leave the dog in the bathroom.

I puppy-proofed the room - put all of my myriad pills and potions safely in the linen closet, took out the towels and left his dog bed in there. I gave him his treat ball and left. My landlord tells me he never made a sound when they were here, but he let me know all about it when I got home. I gave him a few minutes to calm down and then went to let him out of the bathroom, only to find that he had locked himself in!

I patiently removed the doorknob and let him out. While I was working at it, it occurred to me that I might have to confine him in there again in the near future. It made sense to me to turn the doorknob around so that the lock was on the outside - then he couldn't lock himself in anymore.

This morning, I went to take a shower. He made his usual 2 minute fuss and then calmed down. I took my shower, got ready and went to open the door - only to find that this time he had locked ME in the bathroom. The very first thought that came into my head was, "How am I going to explain to my boss that I am late to work because my dog locked me in the bathroom?"

I was lucky that I hadn't put the screwdriver back where it belonged so it was still in the bathroom - otherwise I might still be stuck!
pooch_love

that is soo funnny!

Post by pooch_love »

It sounds Rusty was trying to get back at you! Because fo this story I might need to keep a screw driver in my bathroom! :D That is soo funny!
Bama

Post by Bama »

LOL! That is too funny! Glad you were able to get out of the bathroom! :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Oh dear!

But what a good reward for being tidy and putting the screwdriver back :P
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Disney Paws

Post by Disney Paws »

What a smart dog! xD Wow, you should secretly catch him doing that, so you can videotape him. =P I wonder if he'd have ever let himself(or you) out, or if he can? I bet he could, though, what a smart dog!