Balls for fetch?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lightning

Balls for fetch?

Post by Lightning »

Does anyone know what kind of balls are pretty good for fetching? Of course my dogs like the regular tennis balls but when they come back, they've broke it upon return. What kinds of balls are that indestructible and seems more attractive?
roxxysgirl

Post by roxxysgirl »

my beagle mix prefered a 'weight' looking tennis balls, it looked like two tennis balls melted together

she also liked the $.99 balls from pets stores, they were cheap so I didnt mind if she popped them, and they lasted longer than some of the expensive ones i bought
lana

Post by lana »

I have used one that is heavy, a rubber like plastic and it lights up when it is moved. Don't care about the lighting up part but the ball seems pretty indestructible. I got it from the pet supply store. Have fun.
joji732

Post by joji732 »

Kong makes a solid rubber ball that is pretty indestructible - just make sure your dog doesn't try to catch it in the air, as it is pretty heavy (and hard!)
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

My Kai has never met a ball he could not destroy. He likes to play soccer with the kids at a near by school. At last count I have replaced a dozen soccer balls. He can wear out 5 teenage boys to the point they beg to go home.

And tether balls, same thing had to get him one of his own. Oh well so what is another soccer, tether ball or 6, I love watching him run thoes teenage boys into the ground.
The best days are spent with my dogs.