Growling dog

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Bingles

Growling dog

Post by Bingles »

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can offer any words of advice.

When we go to bed at night we put Bingles in the kitchen always have done and prob always will. But just recently as we are going to bed we turn everything off in the living room then go to put Bingles in the kitchen but now she has started growling at us. Never has she gone to bite or nip just growling as you can imagine its a little un nervng as I would be worried she is gonna nip. do you think this could be purley down to the fact she is warm and cosy in the living room and don't wanna go out into the kitchen or something else.

Leaving her in the living room over night would be totally out of the question as she would knaw into stuff esp wires and I think she would cause utter distruction.

Look forward to you omments :
Missymay

Post by Missymay »

Can you make the kitchen a more inviting place? Maybe a big comfy bed if you don't already have one?

And, when you put her there, provide her with something special, like a kong, stuffed with wonderful food and frozen, as a bedtime snack? Something that will make her happy to go into the kitchen.

My trainer had a dog who hated his crate. He would fight not to go there. She just made it a great place for him to be. All food was fed in the crate and special snacks were provided there.

We were doing a Rally runthrough at her facility last night and there was a large wire crate in the back of the pole barn, Every time Bing had to walk by the crate while doing the course, he just walked right into it. It was really funny to see this dog who, a short time ago, could not be crated slip right into it while running the course.

That is what you need to do with your kitchen.
Kim and Asher

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotionâ€
Bingles

Post by Bingles »

Thanks a million for your reply I have made the kitchen a lot more welcoming and it seems to have solved that prob. Much appreciated.