Crufts 2007

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

StaffieMad

Crufts 2007

Post by StaffieMad »

Is anyone going this year?

Me and my boyfriend are going for both the working and pastorial (friday 9th march) as he has a collie x and Terriers and Hounds (saturday 10th march) as i will love seeing the Staffies at the show! I can't wait :D
loza123

crufts

Post by loza123 »

whats the dogs show names?
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

Hi Loza,

think you have misunderstood, i'm not showing my bf's dog im just exited to see the Staffies at the show! :D
loza123

crufts

Post by loza123 »

o right well have a great time then i want to go there sometime
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

thanks! you should its amazing.
Setter

Post by Setter »

Hi Hoping to go on Thursday ( Gun Dogs ). Does anyone know what time the doors open to the general public ?
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

i got my tickets the other day and i remeber reading it is open from 7.15 until 7.30 i think, will confirm tonight.

Tasha
Setter

Post by Setter »

Thanks for reply
Is it best to get tickets in advance ?
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

no probs, i would think so as there are SO MANY people going. i ordered mine on 28th Dec and got them 2 days ago, i think they are £13 per each adult ticket and its for any day, you don't have to specify.

Will post the exact times on this evenig when i get home.

Tasha
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

I have just checked the tickets and the show opens at 8.15am and closes at 7.30pm.
Setter

Post by Setter »

Many thanks for info
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

No worries! :)
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]
Boxacrazy

Post by Boxacrazy »

OK here goes some tips for coping at Crufts regardless if you are the 'general public' or an exhibitor :wink:

This coming year Crufts will be in over 5 halls of the NEC, it's a LARGE show. Involving many shopping stalls as well as doggy activities such as obedience, agility, flyball and showing. You also have Discover Dogs area which you can see representative's of each KC recognised breed and their owners. There you should get a warts and all description of the breed and then be able to make a decision 'is that the breed for you?'.

Wear comfy shoes!! After going through all the halls seeing what there is and shopping your feet will ache! There also isn't many places to sit down to eat your packed lunch etc. I always take packed lunches as the Cafe's there are expensive (or I think so). When taking PL's make sure it's disposable containers etc, that way as you've finished your PL you have more room in your bag for shopping!! :lol:
I often take a couple of rucksacks one empty popped in the one that has my lunch that way if you shop lots you have plenty of space..
Also on the walk back (or bus back) to the car parks you can pop them on your back as they are easier that way.

It's normally a very crowded show - as the day progresses you will get stuck in 'human traffic' going from hall to hall etc. Typically the first couple of days normally are quieter than the weekends. However last year it was busy on all 4 days of the show.

Dog Show Exhibitors are allowed to leave the show at 4.30pm.
Therefore if you don't want to get stuck in car park traffic make sure you leave before 4.30pm or after 5.30pm etc. I have known of a few friends
stuck in the car parks for a few hours as everyone tries to leave at the same time. Car Park costs were £7 for the NEC per car. This is the same charge for part or all day.

People 'bag' their ringside seats at the breed showing rings early.
So if you want a seat at a breed ring be there early! Especially in
the popular breeds eg Boxers...

This year I shall be going on Friday 9th March as a spectator.
I've had two 2nds there with my Boxers, in 1999 with Wisella Perfect Edition for Trumist and in 2005 with Trumist Ain't No Saint.

If you want to see Abby (Ain't No Saint) watch out for Series 4 of IMOTD
for the episode with Zulu the Boxer. Abby and her cousin Sophie are 'extras' on the show :wink:

Enjoy the day it's fab for shopping!!
I always stock up on wormers etc at the show. This year you will be able to buy spot on frontline for dogs and cats at the show with the pet pharmacies.

Kirstine
StaffieMad

Post by StaffieMad »

Thanks for those tips :D

the last time i went to Crufts was 10 years ago when i was 9/10 so i can't remember much!
[img]http://saynotobsl.richardlindley.co.uk/files/BSL_Banner.jpg[/img]
mum24dog

Post by mum24dog »

Boxacrazy wrote: This coming year Crufts will be in over 5 halls of the NEC,

I often take a couple of rucksacks
Kirstine
Obedience this year is in the Pavilion next to the Halls and what were the Main and Special Events Rings (with agility and all sorts of displays plus Best of Breed) are in the Arena also seperate from Halls 1-5.

I take a wheely bag. At least then you only catch people in the legs and not in the chest or face.

Our essential equipment -
Said wheely bag
Small rucksack for doggy bits and bobs
Folding cage for the dogs with blankets and cover
2 folding chairs
Food and drinks for us
And a couple of dogs or so.

Pam