A great deal of information

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

A great deal of information

Post by ckranz »

Hi All,

http://www.crashinggoodtime.com/resources.html

I know this trainer personally and the articles she as linked on her site are all excellent concerning positive dog training, addressing behavioral issues and dispelling the myths surrounding dominance training, alpha rolls, and their effectiveness in training.

Sarah in fact was one of the trainers I used when working with Chloe to get qualified as a therapy dog. I think I have shared how great Chloe is at her job. If not I can summarize it very quickly. Prior to Chloe becoming certified, I had the opportunity to work with other handling teams who dogs were very good.

In fact I kept asking myself if Chloe and I would measure up. As it turns out Chloe is one of the most loved dogs amongst the people she visits. When my wife has brought her out, and then I go for the first time, the patients remember Chloe. In spite of loud alarms she has held stand stays to support a fallen patient to prevent injury. I could not ask for a better partner for therapy work, and her training is the results I received in an advanced training class taught by this trainer.