Your prayers and thoughts are needed tonight

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

lablver2

Your prayers and thoughts are needed tonight

Post by lablver2 »

My dear friend has been going through alot today. We both attend the same college as each other and thought it was going to be like any ordinary day. Well when we got to the campus she recieved a call that her horse was sick. She was told she would be able to finish all of her classes then come and check on the horse. They didn't think he was very bad and they had a vet with him. My friends parents have experience with horses and went down there to keep a eye on the horse. Well we usually meet after of one of our classes. When she wasn't there I knew what was wrong. The horse got even worse. They didn't think he was going to live this afternoon. All of a sudden though the horse got better and was fine. Well my friend had time for a short little nap then got another call. Her grandfather in the hospital might not live through out the night. So she met up with her boy friend and ran off to the hospital. Good news they later found out he will live through the night but they aren't sure about tommorow. Bad news my friend got another call. It was from the stables. Her horse went from great to even more worse.

She is with the horse right now and he is in terrible shape. They do not think he is going to make it through the night. This horse is like her baby and she needs some prayers and thoughts. The horse looks awful and she really doesn't think he will make it through the night.

The horse is a middle aged male Arabian.

Please keep this family in your prayers and thoughts tonight and please pray that both the horse and grandfather make a full recovery.

Thank you so much.
Belgian: 6 year old English Chocolate Labrador Retriever.
"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"-Carrie Underwood
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Roger the Arabian horse passed away tonight at 8:55 p.m.PST on October 14, 2008. Rest in Peace our dear friend
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Healing thoughts for both you friend and her companion. Have they made a diagnosis on the horse?

Oh and I hope you are fire free as well
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

We are safe for now. We are far away from the ones in LA but our area is extremley flammable right now as it is all dead behind us and the whole forest will catch on fire if one little thing lights up.

Roger sadly passed away. I have asked but they never told me what was wrong with him. I do know the vet wasn't there as long as they were because she only could do so much.
Thanks
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

My sympathy for you friends loss
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Thanks so much. Today she told me that she just wished she never woke up today. I told her now if you did that I wouldn't have my best friend with me and I would be unhappy. I got her to cheer up a bit then this happened. She just went to bed but I doubt she will be able to sleep. I am going to see her tommorow. However tommorow she is going to be worried about her grandfather passing away.
God bless her soul.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

I hate double posts. Thanks again and I forgot to tell you to also stay away from those fires. I have Belgian and my evacuation packs packed just in case something is to happen
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I am so sorry. Hugs to your friend.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Claudia

Sorry

Post by Claudia »

:( :( So so sorry about your friends horse Roger, candle lit here,
lots of ((Huggs))) xxxxxx
Chloe&Atlas'smom

Post by Chloe&Atlas'smom »

That is the worst kind of day. Hug to you and your friend!
dobiemuse

Post by dobiemuse »

Your friend will probably be overloaded for quite awhile. Just keep telling her that you are there for her no matter what.

((Hug))
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Can you pm me your friend's name, the town were she lives, also her grandfather's name and where he is and I will send them both Reiki.

I am sorry about Roger, I am sending him Reiki as well, it helps them pass over, and will also light a candle for him.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Thank you everyone. Suprisingly my friend seemed fine today but that was only on the outside and if you knew her as well as I do you know that she was very indeed hurting. Her grandfather right now is still alive and they are at the hospital.

Edited: I just found out why poor Roger died. He died of something called a colic. It kills alot of horses. There is a $5000 surgery involved to try and make it better but survival rate is low. Unfortunatley in Roger's case the colic was so big the surgery would be over $20000 and he would of more then unlikley ended up dead. They humanely euthanized him after everyone got to say their goodbyes.

Thank you everyone
WendyM

Post by WendyM »

Please pass my hugs and condolences to your friend. I'm so sorry.
lablver2

Post by lablver2 »

Thank you so much and I will.