Dottie Monster

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Dottie Monster

Post by Fundog »

I haven't made an appearance here in two years, when my beloved Annie passed away. Some of you may still remember me. I log on today with immense pain and grief. My sweet Dottie Monster has joined Annie at Rainbow Bridge. Yesterday. It was very sudden. We think she must have had a vascular incident, like a stroke. She was perfectly healthy, and was still enjoying vigorous daily walks. She was fine, showing interest in the plate of lunch I had just made for myself, the literally one minute later she went all floppy. She passed away at home, with Mommy and Daddy stroking her silky head and telling her how much we loved her. It was the best death I could have wished for her. Much better than Annie's death. There is a big empty space in our tiny house now (a year ago we moved into a travel trailer), and we are devastated. It was just so sudden, I can't believe she's gone. Anyway, I wanted to update those who remember us. The Adventures of Annie and Dottie are complete.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Ari_RR

Re: Dottie Monster

Post by Ari_RR »

Very sorry to hear. The pain of losing them turned out to be a lot worse than I could ever imagine...
Hugs.
Ari, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Sept 2010 - Dec 2018.
Miles, Rhodesian Ridgeback, b. Nov 2018
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Oh Fundog, in other circumstances I'd have said it was lovely to see you here again but not in such sad circumstances. I'm very sorry for your loss - but it's good that she had such a good death, if there can be such a thing. ((((Hugs))))
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Hi Fundog,

I remember you and when Annie passed away.

You have my deepest sympathies. This has been a difficult week on the forum. :(

First with Ari's death also sudden and now Dottie Monster. At least she didn't suffer and went with love.

Well, it looks like Annie, Dottie Monster and Ari are all together romping in Doggy Heaven together. In a way, through the forum, I think the three of them already know each other.

(((((Hugs)))))
Diane & Sandy
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Fundog, I am so sorry for your pain.

Dottie could not have had a better life. Sadly, part of the deal is that we live longer than they do - but how much worse it would be if they outlived us. She had a gentle death.

We are here for you if you need us.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS