Dog eating

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Re: Dog eating

Post by ZaraD »

I was born in Alaska, ( dad was born there he's half native American, mom is from England) when it was 12 we moved to England , it took a while to get use to things here but i love England just as much as back home in Alaska , i go back every year on my own as i have family still out there and it's nice to go back to my traditions as a half native American :D , one thing I'm miss is the wildlife you don't see many moose or bears in the uk :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

We used to have a Board member from Alaska, and he taught us lots about the countryside there and about mushing. Really really interesting.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Nettle wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:45 am We used to have a Board member from Alaska, and he taught us lots about the countryside there and about mushing. Really really interesting.
As a kid i used to love love love watching the Iditarod race , huskys and malamutes mainly but also other northern breeds. It was great as a kid and i always will have a soft spot for them :D
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

entirly to much snow in alaska :lol: :lol: :lol: i used to live in NY by a lake and we got waaaaayyyyyyyy to much snow. im miserable every winter :cry: :cry: :cry:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Shalista wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:35 am entirly to much snow in alaska :lol: :lol: :lol: i used to live in NY by a lake and we got waaaaayyyyyyyy to much snow. im miserable every winter :cry: :cry: :cry:
Not everyone can take the snow :D :lol: :lol: , i miss the snow is wish there was more in the UK , i struggle in heat because im used to the cold :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

ZaraD wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 am dad was born there he's half native American, mom is from England...as a half native American
Just because I can't help being pedantic, doesn't that mean you're a quarter Native American, not half?

Now I know why you like GSs - it's like living with a bear :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Erica wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:45 pm I don't know anyone who doesn't think Alaska is part of America :P
I am an American and never heard of anyone not recognizing Alaska as part of the US either. :wink:
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am
ZaraD wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 am dad was born there he's half native American, mom is from England...as a half native American
Just because I can't help being pedantic, doesn't that mean you're a quarter Native American, not half?

Now I know why you like GSs - it's like living with a bear :lol:

yep so true I nearly got a newf as they look like a bear, I know my mom's side is English and all dad's side is native American and I just say half as its easier 😂
Khouji

Post by Khouji »

Even in South Korea, they love eating dogs. I interviewed one kid and he says he loves eating dog because it's delicious. Can you imagine eating your best friend. These people are savage and beyond words to describe. :x :x :x
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Not really. It's just that they have a different culture, and have not until now considered dogs as friends. Attitudes can be better changed by kindness and empathy, and attitudes are slowly changing.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When I was young I counted some cattle among my best friends :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009